Edirol V-4 issue

Pattern123

I have an Edirol V-4 which keeps losing output and the projector then drops out momentarily to blue screen then flicks back as it autosenses Video. I have checked the solder joints on the master outputs, but it doesn't seem to have stopped it. Has anyone else had the same problem and successfully solved it?

id guess its more likely a cable issue, but try the preview out? or for that matter out of the y/c , If its defiitely not the cable, or the input to the projector, its back to Roland for a proper repair. In the meantime you can minimise the effects by changing blue to black on the projector.

Have you changed the cable? Is it a very long run? Have you tried putting a DA at the start of the run to boost it?

David

Edit :are the projector and mixer being fed power from the same pplace? Sometimes a ground loop can manifest itself in that way.

Dodgy fade to black knob can cause this, you can turn it off in the utility menu.

Also can be poor sync levels on the inputs - if they are out of range the V4 can glitch the output enough to trip up a sensitive projector. There is adjustment for the sync level in the menu somewhere.

The V4 is quite a cheapo design really - internally its a fragile thing with a few ribbon connectors that can come loose, if your familiar with the hot end of a soldering iron then have the lid off and check for anything obvious.

Follow

Alastair's

advice and set the projector to black background, I always turn off auto input scan too, select the input your using manually and then if there is a glitch it comes back a lot quicker than if it searches round each input hoping to find a signal.

Archived