LS9 Stagemix

sameness

I am wondering if anyone knows of a workaround or solution to an issue I have come across. The ship I have just left has a 'vertical theater' flying show over 6 decks with singers etc. The playback is via a JoeCo Blackbox and desk is an LS9. As it stands it is implausible for the tech to be at the console as it is right in the center of the stage area. So an iPad is used to control the JoeCo (its own software) and also the LS9 via stagemix. There is one point in the show where the track stops and needs manually restarting, incase one of the flyers isnt back on the ground in time.

My problem is that as soon as you switch apps Stagemix drops the connection to the LS9. Does anyone know how to convince stagemix to not drop?

Does multi-tasking not work? I.e double clicking the home button to switch between applications.

Seems to for me when I switch between Stagemix and a VNC client to control D&B R1 software.

I'm on an iPad 3.

Ian

Matt - Im not sure I understand you...the Blackbox is a standalone unit Here

Ian - I tried that with no success. Im not sure which model ipad it is though, but we have had it since last October

Gordon - As I said earlier track is from a Blackbox, not the desk. Plus Stagemix is a very limited application.

Honestly I have no idea what version OS it is running, but it sounds like that is the most likely solution.

Gordon - via the USB? Wouldnt work as we are using 12ch of track plus one TC feed to LX

Matt - Im not sure I understand you...the Blackbox is a standalone unit Here

Yep - sorry - for some reason I skipped over that and assumed that the playback was via pc. Could you trigger the play button via midi from the LS9?

Archived