Mixer Amp Fault

ptdave

Hi all,

I have a Carlsbro Marlin 10400 mixer amp which has a fault. The right speaker output does not work, not even a hiss from the speaker when it is connected. The left speaker output works fine, everything else is working well. Does anyone have a diagnosis and is it an easy fix?

We have tried using different speaker leads to rule out the speaker lead. Also we tested the speakers which are working fine. I am 100% certain it is the right output channel.

Thanks in advance for all your comments

Dave

Blown output fuse, blown output transistors, blown PSU rail fuse, wire fallen off somewhere? Without knowledge of the amp or a circuit diagram it's a bit difficult to diagnose the actual fault. You'll need someone who fixes amps to look at this one. Don't open the case unless you really know what you're doing....

Blown output fuse, blown output transistors, blown PSU rail fuse, wire fallen off somewhere? Without knowledge of the amp or a circuit diagram it's a bit difficult to diagnose the actual fault. You'll need someone who fixes amps to look at this one. Don't open the case unless you really know what you're doing....

Its working fine now, I opened it up before you said not too and saw that the speakon socket was loose. Its had loads of dust in it as well so I cleaned it out and sounds great now. Thanks for the reply though.

Archived