ETC Eos Family Software

edmonston

Has anyone got an outdated installer for the Eos emulator? (before 1.9.8)

I ask as I cannot upgrade to the 'curvy' key caps

You can download them from ETC, you need to hit the 'show all downloads including archives' link at the bottom of the download page. Which will take you to http://www.etcconnect.com/downloads.aspx?ID=20271

Has anyone got an outdated installer for the Eos emulator? (before 1.9.8)

I ask as I cannot upgrade to the 'curvy' key caps

You can download them from ETC, you need to hit the 'show all downloads including archives' link at the bottom of the download page. Which will take you to http://www.etcconnec...s.aspx?ID=20271

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Is there a reason that you cannot upgrade?

Was wondering that myself ...

In this case, the console is in my school. From what I can tell, we have no intention to upgrade, and I can hardly go in there and do it myself, as I am not the actual owner.

Aha!

I see (I think)...

The actual desk is running pre-1.9.8 software and you want to have the OLE on your PC. But as you're not able to get to the school and insist that they upgrade to 1.9.10, you need the older s.w so you can program a forthcoming show off site.

That about sum it up?

That said, can you not advise the school that the simple job of upgrading would be in their interests anyway??

In this case, the console is in my school. From what I can tell, we have no intention to upgrade, and I can hardly go in there and do it myself, as I am not the actual owner.

This board does make me laugh sometimes. Congratulations, edmonston, in avoiding what most people our age do by sensibly working around the restrictions imposed on you rather than making a huge fuss as "Head of Technical Theatre" at your school. Assuming you are in secondary school / college then you're doing much better than I was at that time.

Is this at Catmose Edmonston? Out of interest, what version of the console do you have? Do you not have a theatre technician?

ETC Element - Not sure of version, but we have the older key caps, meaning the outdated software needs to be used.

We do have a theatre tech, but from what I can tell, he's one of the 'not broken, don't fix it' people.

Not sure with the Element, but if it's the same as the Ion/Eos, then surely the upgrade just involves ordering a full set of (free) replacement key caps...

In any case given ETC's console shut down bug in 1.9.8 and 1.9.10 perhaps the tech was proven right!.

Not sure with the Element, but if it's the same as the Ion/Eos, then surely the upgrade just involves ordering a full set of (free) replacement key caps...

In any case given ETC's console shut down bug in 1.9.8 and 1.9.10 perhaps the tech was proven right!.

The shutdown bug, would that be turning on random lights after shutting down?

If so, it may be worth considering getting the update

The shutdown bug, would that be turning on random lights after shutting down?

If so, it may be worth considering getting the update

No this is console crashing bug due to a dodgy USB driver see:

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=52485

When your console is shut down it is not outputting DMX. You observation of 'turning random lights on' is probably your dimmers noticing they haven't got a DMX feed. It very much depends on what dimmers you have. Some dimmers hold their last setting if they lose DMX whilst others will go a preprogrammed settings.

I think the poster means a DMX spike, i.e. you turn everything off and as the console/node/what ever spits out DMX powers down you notice your rig that was off now has a few random lights on.

:off:

wow that emoticon is grumpier than I expected. I mean to say I'm going off topic.

Archived