Take Apart Pulse LED Parcan

trolley01

Hi,

Got some of the cheap 'n' cheerful pulse LED parcans from CPC. Got a couple which through a bit of abuse have had the back DMX connectors broken - but I have a load of spares so was going to replace.

Only problem... I can't seem to get in to the damn things. The three screws on the outside casing are just spinning - and by releasing the screws on the back where the DMX dip switches and connectors are has just resulted in the connectors dropping into the back.

I can see the nuts which are spinning on the inside of the chassis - but can't currently find a spanner small enough to fit past the LED pcb to hold it.

Any ideas or step by step instructions appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi,

Got some of the cheap 'n' cheerful pulse LED parcans from CPC. Got a couple which through a bit of abuse have had the back DMX connectors broken - but I have a load of spares so was going to replace.

Only problem... I can't seem to get in to the damn things. The three screws on the outside casing are just spinning - and by releasing the screws on the back where the DMX dip switches and connectors are has just resulted in the connectors dropping into the back.

I can see the nuts which are spinning on the inside of the chassis - but can't currently find a spanner small enough to fit past the LED pcb to hold it.

Any ideas or step by step instructions appreciated!

Thanks.

There are three tiny silver screws on the LED PCB itself, these retain the main PCB inside the housing. The screws on the outside have normal nuts on the back so you have to remove the PCB first so that you can hold the nuts in place.

Have fun

If these are anything like the Thomann ones, then the way to get in is to unscrew the screws in the LED panel. You can then disconnect the LED board and get to the nuts that hold those side bolts in, from here the transformer assembly is on a metal board, attached by a ribbon cable to the DMX board and XLR connectors. As I say this is how Thomann/Stairville cans work so YMMV.

Archived