LD Systems Dave 12G2 vs 15G2

MisterJames

Hello,

Im looking at buying a portable PA system for random use with bands and what not. It'll probs get used

once a year or maybe twice but im unsure what power rating to go for. I dont want to spend much as im working

in IT now so I dont do that much Sound, but itll be my luck ill get asked to do a gig where my Dave 12 G2 isnt

strong enough. I do a mix of classical, ukulele and rock gigs - More classical/uki/choir gigs

LD Dave 12 G2 is 499 with a total of 540wrms - Subwoofer 12" 40hz(F/R): 300wrms + 2 Sats 6.5": 120wrms

OR

LD Dave 15 G2 is 759 with a total of 700wrms - Subwoofer 15" 35hz(F/R): 400wrms + 2 Sats 8": 150wrms

Basically will the cheaper Dave 12 G2 keep up with a smallish rock gig?

Hope you can help and reviews on these systems would help also :D

If it's only being used once or twice a year, in my opinion hiring would be a better idea than purchasing.

That way you can get the most appropriate system for the job, rather than have to make it do.

Also maintenance is someone else's problem.

David

Hey David!

Good point, I did think of that but I do the sound as a free charity kind of thing, as the bands like Uki and classical are small group that dont do it for money but for entertain at say the last one was a steam fair in Quorn... I just need a PA thats no fuss and cheap.

Archived