Helpful Customers

johnhuson

Thought I would post these pictures of the damaged caused to a MAC 550 when a customer kindly decided to have a go at repairing it without speaking to us. They removed the display panel to have a look inside, but not knowing what they were doing they didn't make sure that the wireset was sat properley in the bottom of the fixture, with this result when it was powered up!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/johnhuson/550_1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/johnhuson/550_2.jpg

Thank god it wasn't me!

It constantly amazes me how much stuff they pack into these units. I am guessing that the unit is now a write off.

Reminds me of the comedy snaggind of a woollen jumper on a nail and watching it un-ravelling.

I would suggest that you don't rent them anything with out making them pay for a tech on site, or that they will trade you their house if they mess with the kit again!

Adrian

It constantly amazes me how much stuff they pack into these units. I am guessing that the unit is now a write off.

We've managed to cut and pick out the wiring loom and have another on order, once we fit that we can see if there has been any further damage caused.

Oh the joys of the rental market!

Or Martin Training :)

I think that the wiring looms in the 550 are fairly susceptable to this sort of thing - I've seen it before where a couple of strands got caught around the pan mechanism and ended up snagging and snapped. The cable which snapped controlled the pan feedback, so the unit continued panning, and panning, and panning... not good for the motors.

Incidentally, the slot in module system is great - how are you finding it in practice, John, with regards to regular servicing?

I'm just off to hug my Xspot as gratitude for high end putting a sensible wiring harness into instead of the ex GPO telecom exchange Martin seem to opt for.

<T.D. gets a nice warm feeling (probably should have turned her off first)>

Archived