help with behringer/music group support

mattywizzy

Hi blue roomers,

I've got an ongoing warranty issue with a behringer product that needs replacing. Does anyone know who to speak to / contact with the Music Group so I can get this sorted? I've been playing email ping pong with their support team since November and just keep being told that they will look into it. Any hints or tips would be very helpful!

The UK service centre have told me to contac music group directly and the company I bought the product from are no longer a behringer distributer.

thanks

matt

Absolutely! There is no need to have any contact with the manufacturers unless you wish to, assuming it's a domestic sale through a retail outlet, then your failure to get replacement probably means you are entitled to your money back? Did you pay by credit card? If so contact them and explain you can't get it fixed and they will often issue a chargeback. The law is on your side - it's 100% the sellers problem, not yours!

well perhaps my rants on here and via email have worked, just had an email telling me a replacement box is on its way.

Thanks for the info about the seller, the unit was in warranty when the fault occur. I'll definately bear in mind next time something goes wrong.

thanks again

That's good. A dealer can use manufacturers service - in the white goods industry pretty well they are the only people who can fix and repair, but the dealer is responsible. As a domestic customer, buying from a typical shop, then the Sale of Goods Act provides pretty decent protection. Guarantees are NOT a year. A year is usually considered as a reasonable time, but can in some circumstances be less - where a court would find it reasonable NOT to expect a year to be sensible. A product with an obviously short lifespan is an example. You as a purchaser are entailed in general to a refund, or a replacement if the unit fails within the guarantee period, however the seller is entitled to check that the product has not been abused. If the buyer will not let the seller examine it, then they don't have to swap it. You do NOT have to accept a repair, you can ask for a refund - but if you do accept a repair, then you may not have much you can do if it fails again.

You are not entitled to a refund or a replacement if you simply don't like it (unless you buy on-line when the Distance Selling Regulations say you can have a refund if you return the goods within 30 days).

All you need to do nowadays is put it in writing. Ask for what you want and then see what they say. If it goes pear shaped then you can even use the court service claim on-line system to start the county court process. It will cost you a few quid, but if they find in your favour, you get this back.

Archived