New Digico Desk

Simon Lewis

I reckon it may seriously eat into potential SD10 sales though

To roughly paraphrase Steve Jobs, you should cannibalise your own business before someone else does.

I was somewhat surprised that Yamaha didn't release an "LS9 killer" at Frankfurt.

To roughly paraphrase Steve Jobs, you should cannibalise your own business before someone else does.

It well predates Jobs in the IT world; The CEO of Zenith laptops (shows how long ago this was, early 80s) did a presentation to a company I worked fors annual management bash, and tapes of the sessions were available. Zenith were (back then) one of the most prominent suppliers of laptops. There were two notable things to his presentation.

The first was he dropped his laptop from the podium to the floor, picked it up, plugged in the projector, and off he went. He did this at every talk, to illustrate how tough his lappies were. I thought that was ballsey. Didn't see it of course, but the concerned voices from the audience was funny.

The second was that he noted that if he didn't kill his current model laptop in nine months with a new model, obsoleting the current job, someone else would.

Archived