Robe Troubleshooting

shwack

Hey,

I'm having a number of problems with some of my robe products, namely the ColourSpot 1200E AT and the ColourSpot 700E AT. What I'm looking for is a comprehensive online resource for troubleshooting the robe products. Having thumbed through both the User Manual and the Service manuals and the Robe website, there appears to be very little troubleshooting information available to me. Any ideas where I might be able to find something like this? Avoiding the obvious emailing the company or asking millions of questions on this forum!

Cheers.

Hi shwack,

Have you looked into going on a training course? I believe there is one going on up in Nottingham in April sometime. That's probably the best option for what you're looking for. Here's the link:

http://www.robe.cz/s...nical-training/

Shwack hasn't updated his location since he graduated 18 months ago. He's probably somewhere very hot at the moment. Almost certainly not the Nottingham area.

Hi shwack,

Have you looked into going on a training course? I believe there is one going on up in Nottingham in April sometime. That's probably the best option for what you're looking for. Here's the link:

http://www.robe.cz/support/file-cat/technical-training/

Where do you see that, the link only shows me what training I could have done in cz in 2010

Hey Guys.

Kit is right there I'm afraid. (How are you doing by the way fella?) I'm currently in Singapore, so think UK training courses may be unavailable to me for quite sometime.

I will contact Robe and see what they can suggest.

In the interim, here's a list of some of the problems I'm having, perhaps someone can help?

1 x 700E AT; Will not calibrate at start up. When powering up, the backlight on the display lights up, then nothing else happens. The pan/tilt stepper motors offer very little (if any) resistance to any force on the head of the unit. I have checked fuse "F11" in the base and all seems in good order. [I was experiencing a very similar issue with one of the 1200E AT's but replacing a blown fuse "F10" resolved the issue]

2 x 700E AT; will not respond to the 'strike' macro I send it from my desk. I can strike the lamp manually from the base, but not remotely. (Note, the macro works for all of the other units in the rig and the problem has only just started occuring, seemingly randomly!)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

2 x 700E AT; will not respond to the 'strike' macro I send it from my desk. I can strike the lamp manually from the base, but not remotely. (Note, the macro works for all of the other units in the rig and the problem has only just started occuring, seemingly randomly!)

Have a poke in the menu system on the fixture, with the aid of the manual, I'm pretty sure you can disable remote lamp control.

1 x 700E AT; Will not calibrate at start up. When powering up, the backlight on the display lights up, then nothing else happens. The pan/tilt stepper motors offer very little (if any) resistance to any force on the head of the unit. I have checked fuse "F11" in the base and all seems in good order. [I was experiencing a very similar issue with one of the 1200E AT's but replacing a blown fuse "F10" resolved the issue]

Hi Shwack,

For your first problem this sounds like a PSU problem. get the fixture on a table in front of you with the display facing towards you. Remove the top lids on the base. On the right hand side you will see four PSU's (roughly 5cm x 12cm in size imsc) two and two stacked on top of each other. Chances are one of these need replacing. Each PSU has a green LED on it that will light up when you power the fixture on if the PSU is okay. If one or more of them don't light up it needs replacing. These are available from your local Robe dealer and are quite quick and easy to swap out if you know your way around a screw driver and a nut driver. Please make sure you check the wire harness and connectors for the PSU's as there was an upgrade made to beefier cables at some point because the first cables used suffered from overheating and could fail over time as a result of this. There is a cable upgrade also available from your local Robe distributor.

Just so you know, if the cables and connectors are all okay, don't be afraid to just swap the PSU out thinking the new one will just fail as well. The usual reason for PSU's failing on the 700's is the protection circuit on them kicking in to deal with a spike on the incoming power. they can be fixed, but that require component level experience, so not recommended.

For your second problem I would do what has been suggested by someone else and check the menu settings. Go to: PERSONALITY - LAMP PRESETTING and check the settings here. Hopefully that will sort it for you.

Best regards

Spantax

HSL

Hey Guys,

Was searching through the fixture menus and it turns out the 2 fixtures not responding to the strike macro had somehow reset themselves so that there was a different DMX profile active. Not quite sure how this happened but will keep an eye on it.

Regarding the fixture that isn't powering up, haven't yet had time to open her up, but will hopefully have a poke around tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Cheers for the help here guys!

Lee

• 1 month later...

Regarding the fixture that isn't powering up, haven't yet had time to open her up, but will hopefully have a poke around tomorrow.

PSU was the problem. Replaced and worked fine.

Cheers.

Archived