Jester 24/48

mar

Morning,

I am still learning the Jester 24/48 at my new place of work and was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to create follow-on cues. I am using a moving light on the desk (I know it is far from ideal for the purpose) and ideally want to create automatically following-on cues to set the position, colour etc during the previous scene without having to get my operator to manually run extra cues.

I never thought I would be missing the Express at my old theatre.

Thanks

Michael

You could run a chase where after X amount of time your mover goes to black and then pre-sets. Usually, when running the moving lights at my place of work I have to "extra" cue's for each change. A black cue and then a move and colour preset cue. Followed by the execution cue which will brighten the light. When running memories, I don't see why your operator cannot just run these "extra cue's" as they will already be programmed into the desk by whoever does your programming.

Thanks for that - unfortunately the Jester 24/48 doesn't do single run chases, only continuous loops, which won't help in this case.

My operator is a year 10 pupil who is doing it for the first time and already finding it tough as it is a pretty complicated show, I was just trying to make his life easier. I'll have to give him the extra cues to deal with by the looks of it.

Shez is correct - the Jester 12/24 and 24/48 aren't able to do Follow On cues.

The Jester ML24, Jester ML48 and Jester TL Xtra have this functionality built in (along with being designed to control the moving lights!)

At the risk of sounding like an old record: Might MagicQ be a suitable solution to your problem?

Surely the school has an old PC hanging around and £10 is not much to pay for the sample dongle.

It would save a lot of pain trying to force the Jester to do something it was never designed for.

I do in fact own the £10 MagicQ dongle having ordered it when I realised I would struggle to fit the required channel count onto the Jester however it only arrive on the day I was due to do the first rough program (in very short time obviously) and based on the general reviews that it is not instantly easy to use I decided I would be better using the desk that I knew well enough to program quickly. It's all been somewhat last minute this show.

Next time we hire in a mover I will certainly be using it as I will have had some time to familiarise myself with it.

Archived