100v Line Amp - Faulty Paso Unit

admdisco

Hello,

Been browsing the internet for two days and sending multiple e-mails and I still have had no joy in locating a data sheet and/or manual for a 100v line amp, Paso, Series 7000, T7120. :(

The unit is very good quality but ancient. On busy days in the shop after paging the music isn't always released. When I looked at it it was working okay and there was no problems with the paging, The manager said it does seem to happen when the shops busier and there more paging happening. The management have said that they'd be keen on having something more 'modern' to replace it anyway, and would like to integrate an MP3 player with the existing CD player.

B-)

The telephone system on this goes into a DIN connector, and I've been trying to find a data sheet for the layout / connection of the pins. Paso have yet been unable to help, referring me to the website for data sheets. The website only contains data sheets for the recent models and nothing with din connectors on anymore, ** laughs out loud **.

Wishful thinking but I don't suppose anyone on here has a data sheet / schematic / manual for the DIN layout? (would be easier than trying to trace the wires)

I am aware Paso is a good brand but the amp doesn't even have any screws left in its case its been opened that many times. Does anyone have any recommendations for replacements? all the other stores in the chain use an Integra MA6-120 this is the only one with a Paso,

Would really be very grateful for any ideas for a suitable replacement to put in (or maybe repair the Paso or Install an Integra MA6-120 for continuity across the stores.. a lovely chap on here has offered me one at a good price too!)

Replacement would need to be similar spec, 120W, Telephone Paging Input, 2 Auxillaries for a CD Player & MP3 Player.

I am kinda new to this, having done 2 pub installs, and 1 retail radio / pa system. Really liking this side of things at the moment though and enjoying doing it.

thanks for taking the time to read my post, and a bigger thank you for any replies :D

100v isn't really my area, but with experience of working within chains, I would personally go down the route or uniformity and install the Integra MA6-120. 1: you know the performance and features work in your environment and 2: if you are responsible for maintenance you only need one spare in the van.

There's a lot said for not reinventing the wheel, so to speak. I've tried it and it can hurt sometimes.

100v isn't really my area, but with experience of working within chains, I would personally go down the route or uniformity and install the Integra MA6-120. 1: you know the performance and features work in your environment and 2: if you are responsible for maintenance you only need one spare in the van.

There's a lot said for not reinventing the wheel, so to speak. I've tried it and it can hurt sometimes.

That is what im thinking, You hit the nail on the head with 'uniformity' the only thing is it would be much easier to change over if I had the layout of the DIN's on the back of the PASO which seem to be a closely guarded secret, ** laughs out loud **

Thank you for replying anyway :D

I've managed to get hold of documentation for another Paso unit, AX 8000. This seems to be a newer version and has a 5 Pin 'BASE' DIN socket. Paso seem to use 'Base' to refer to their Microphone Base stations, it is through this input the paging system is currently connected to on the Paso Series 7000 currently installed.

Would I be right in assuming the 'BASE' connector on the AX 8000 would be wired the same as the one on the discontinued Paso Series 7000? (ive sent Paso another e-mail, this time asking them for costings on the AX 8000 and compatibility with previous connections, hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow)

The Paso AX 8000 has the DIN wired up as follows,

1 - Precedence

2 - Shield & Input Signal Return

3 - Input Signal

4 - Stabilized +12Vdc power supply

5 - Power Ground

Some replacement units available I've looked at with DIN inputs have their DIN's wired the same way as below

TOA A2120 & ADS 3120 Plus (also considering a Bosch Plena 180/120 but that has Phoenix/Screw terminals for the input which should be fine once I get my head round the existing DIN layout)

1 - Signal + (Positive signal input from the microphone)

2 - Ground (Connect to chassis or screen).

3 - Signal - (Negative signal input from the microphone).

4 - Access - (Close pins 4 and 5. For priority access)

5 - Access - (Close pins 4 and 5. For priority access)

Trying to understand the compatability here, obviously the 'Precedence' is for the priority overide, that wouldnt come from the actual positive current from Signal + though would it?

3 is is Signal for both, but the Paso lists it as just input signal making me think of a + feed but the other brands list it as signal -

4 & 5 are listed on most to be closed for access, on the Paso 4 & 5 are listed as +12dc power & ground, this +12v & ground would that act the same as an access channel?.

I'd just like to get my head round the DIN configuration for swapping the unit over

Sorry to be a pain, any help is greatly received and appreciated.

The second list of pinouts is the one I'm most familiar with and is fairly standard certainly among UK made amps with a push-to-talk switch and balanced 600R mic, or a balanced/unbalanced line level source depending on modules fitted. However it doesnt give any power out for the more modern condenser mics, or those with a 'ready to talk' indicator. I've always treated each manufacturer as having their own standard in the absence of firm info. No hard standards in PA amps like this exist! Do you know if the existing mic needs power for anything other than Priority signalling? It might be better to simply add a new mic to the replacement equipment then there'd be no ambiguity. Decent mics aren't dear, the TOA ones are particularly well made especially ones that dont have the troublesome swan necks.

Archived