Cheap oil based haze fluid?

ben.suffolk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've other stuff in order from highlite so this time I'll go with the showtec mineral oil fluid...

about df50 I'll have a look around but I think it's not easy available from big re-sellers...

does Look unique and stage factory machines work with compressor? I seen their fluids on thomann...

thank you guys for your infos!!!

Off topic but I am intrigued how this machine can work with both glycol fluid (assuming that's what the "water based fluid" is) and oil.

I have seen a water based cracker machine before (the Jem Hydrosonic) but I thought the actual vapourisation part was quite different to an oil cracker.

does Look unique and stage factory machines work with compressor? I seen their fluids on thomann...

thank you guys for your infos!!!

No, these are conventional glycol / glycerine machines that use piston pumps and heated vaporising blocks. Their fluid will not work and is expensive.

Stick with the show tech oil haze fluid, nothing else!

Off topic but I am intrigued how this machine can work with both glycol fluid (assuming that's what the "water based fluid" is) and oil.

I have seen a water based cracker machine before (the Jem Hydrosonic) but I thought the actual vapourisation part was quite different to an oil cracker.

In short, they can't. Antari may say that you can use special water based haze fluid, but in my experience an oil cracker needs oil to function properly. The haze quality with water based fluid is no better than a cheap water based fazer which I dot see the point off...

I too wondered how water based fluid worked in crackers. I know you can get water based fluid for DF50's. DBN were trialling it at warehouse project from what one of their PM's told me.

I've not seen it so couldn't say how they compare though.

Glycol can be atomised by other means that heat. I've never actually tried the cracking technique which basically involves blowing streams of bubbles that shatter into tiny droplets when they reach the surface of the liquid, but I have tried ultrasonic atomisation of glycol and it worked.

don't know what exactly it's but I don't think the "water based" fluid is with glycol.... antari sells their hazer fluid in both version.... perhaps is less mineral oil and more water?

Stick with the show tech oil haze fluid, nothing else!

already ordered ;)

don't know what exactly it's but I don't think the "water based" fluid is with glycol.... antari sells their hazer fluid in both version.... perhaps is less mineral oil and more water?

You really can't mix mineral oil with water. I think it is glycol based, but with a much higher concentration of glycol than you'd find in normal smoke fluid.

• 1 month later...

Archived