Cheap oil based haze fluid?

ben.suffolk

the fluid you linked to is water based glycol fluid and is totally inappropriate for your machine. You need mineral oil fluid, preferably antari HZL1 ( or the show tech version) or DF50 fluid. You will also need to drain and thoroughly clean the machine now that you have run the wrong fluid through it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait.... what?

is that fluid ok or not for the machine? csg says it's wrong for that... you say it's water based... too much confusion on the web....

- Fog Fluid Type: Glycol (standard fluid)

- Hazer Fluid: Water based - Mineral Oil

I hope Pro Haze fluid is water based hazer fluid... like the name says... is that correct? I'll try the mineral oil fluid from antari and see if there are differences....

how can I clean the hazer? I opened it but there's a "big black box" inside.... is possible to clean that with special fluid?

thanks

I do not own one of these machines so I am only going on the information that's out there, but it looks like you can use a water based or an oil fluid in the HZ400

the manual says

ANTARI Hazer Liquid comes in two varieties:

ANTARI HZL-1 is a high-performance low-residue oil-based hazer liquid that has been

designed specifically for HZ-100 and HZ-400.

ANTARI HZL-1W is a non-residual water-based hazer liquid suitable for the HZ-100 and

HZ-400.

Important: Never mix oil-based and water-based hazer liquids. Before switching the kind of

hazer liquid in use, completely drain the hazer's tank to avoid mixing.

However this does not mean that you can use Martin pro haze fluid in it. The Martin fluid is designed for a heater block hazer but this machine is a compressor hazer, normally water-based fluid for compressor machines is very thick and gloopy.

I think I'll orther this: http://www.highlite.nl/Shop/Products/Showtec/Foggers-Effects/Effect-liquids-scents-confetti/Hazer-Fluid_1

if you open antari hz-400 in the store they suggest this for the machine... hope the machine isn't broken (seems the seller always used martin liquid).... any ideas how can I clean the tank and inside machine?

What you need is the right antari fluid (or one that is known to work fine in the machine so if that fluid is known to work ok ...), whether oil or water based. Using a different manufacturer's fluid might work but it might not and the potential for machine damage makes it a really risky purchase and almost certainly false economy.

What you need is the right antari fluid (or one that is known to work fine in the machine so if that fluid is known to work ok ...), whether oil or water based. Using a different manufacturer's fluid might work but it might not and the potential for machine damage makes it a really risky purchase and almost certainly false economy.

Antari fluid costs 77€ for 5lt

Showtec it's about 33€... And they suggest that for product... If it's possible to pay half price for same type fluid should be better :D

I'd agree with this for heater-block type machines where the water/glycol mix can vary quite a lot, but all the oil haze fluid is pretty much the same thing.

Antari fluid costs 77€ for 5lt

Showtec it's about 33€... And they suggest that for product... If it's possible to pay half price for same type fluid should be better :D

Yes, that showtec fluid is what we use in our HZ500, so order that.

Like in my post earlier, stage electrics sell 5l of df50 fluid (mineral oil) for 30 odd qhid! Its going to produce a much nicer haze and maybe be more efficient.

This is what I use in my hz400!

In terms or cleaning, empty the tank and run it with no fluid for half an hour. Then leave the lid off so the the tank can dry.

Just stops any water based fluid mixing in with the oil!

Archived