Staging,whats the best

ian@prl

Cant think of the name of it. But there is this fantastic type where it is made ouf of carbon fibre rods which collapse into a nice little block. just open it out and put a top on and hey presto. can be stacked for different heights and what not. strong as well. I remember seeing somewhere a picture of a car on it. Also they got in the BA Concorde Club if anyone else goes there.

Sorry cant be more descriptive!!!!

I quite like that stuff, there used two be 2 manufacturers tetr'art and ultralite staging, but more recently there are lots of cheaper copies springing up on the market. it is pretty useful, falls down on the fact that you can't adjust the height without buying more legs, is fairly robust for conference, I wouldn't jump about on it, and what I have heard about the picture with the car on the stage is that it didn't have an engine in and was fork lifted on...

paul...

If you need a lot of it, or are going to load it with a band or lots of kit, my vote would be steeldeck/ambideck (ambi is square sided and easy to fork, steel deck is lighter but harder to fork). With one leg and sopme multicouplers, you can build them very quickly.

The stuff that I saw doesnt have legs. ITs a complete Fibre Glass cross diagonal brazing system a bit like the balles that you throw in the air made out of pastic and they open up and then shrink down again. ITs the same principle. There are NO legs. to raise the height you just stack them up and put the locking join in. The other more secure way is Alistage. Thats quite lite and can adjust the height.

litedeck, we use this for our conferences, and all our other stages, for conferences we use the new vershion without the truss work below making the whole thing less than 7cm deep , weve found that 6'x4' are the best for smaller conferences because you can fit atleast 6 in any lift at a time ..

henny

LiteDeck is a lightweight modular, framed staging system for temporary or permanent installation and is ideal for a wide range of events, from conferences to fashion shows. Based around the traditional 8’ x 4’ staging unit but also available in metric 2 x 1m format, shapes include semi-circles, triangles, quads and rectangles as standard, with custom shapes available to order. LiteDeck is 20% lighter and 20% stronger than its steel counterparts.

The stuff that I saw doesnt have legs. ITs a complete Fibre Glass cross diagonal brazing system a bit like the balles that you throw in the air made out of pastic and they open up and then shrink down again. ITs the same principle. There are NO legs. to raise the height you just stack them up and put the locking join in. The other more secure way is Alistage. Thats quite lite and can adjust the height.

piling decks on top of each other sounds like a very expensive way of increasing the height to me - more bits of scaff are much cheaper and easier to store. however, maybe the weight advantage is worth paying over the odds for.

Go for LiteDeck every time. A venue I work in has ali deck (made by ali scaf I think) it weighs a ton!! it's made of box section - well over engineered and weighs about 90Kg for an 8x4

LiteDeck is 55Kg for an 8 x 4

If you can afford it get coffin locks - it goes together much quicker. Not overly impressed with lighter weight litestructures deck

• 3 weeks later...

Archived