3.5mm Locking jack fleshtone headsets

Luke.Harnett

Hello,

We currently stock 50 + Proel fleshtone headsets for are sennheiser radio mics in are hire stock. They are very cheap to buy... but the bulid quality shows that. Has anyone found a headset that has the capability to replaceable cable if trashed and is of a better build quality and sounding ?

Yes we know that we could just buy some countrymans, but alot of the hires are to school and college who will not pay that sort of money to hire.

We have demo'd .. all of proel's range, CPC's Headset and Monacor ? What else could any recommend for us to look at ?

Thanks

Luke

I've been down the same route and was looking at offerings from Microphone Madness and also Da-cappo. I've not gone too far as cost is still outweighing their plus points, and I'm perfectly happy with the cpc headsets. Newer ones also seem to have slightly better strain reliefs, and a touch thicker cable I think. The moulded 3.5mm jack ends seem to be the main point of failure. As a Trantec user I've found the 4 pin mini XLR's slightly better. Nothing to say you can't re-terminate though. I've just done a load of 4 pins.

@Luke - another +1 for the Trantec kit with the TA4F (mini XLR) connector. We have never had any problems with these on our S5 kit - they're pretty robust, however we have found the mini jack to be the weak link on their S4.4 kit, on headsets we have in a number of sites.

This link may also be of use.

Hi Luke,

We have the monacor ones in our rental stock. We buy the mini XLR style and change the connector to a locking jack and adding heatshrink etc. I'll be interested to hear what you go for. We are not finding the build of the Monacor great, but at the price point it seems reasonable. Im certainly happier for schools to break them than I am for them to damage dpa's!

andrew

CPC ones all the way.

Tried some of the PROEL ones in the last few months. Sound quality very good, but unreliable, cable failing in random parts rendering them useless.

CPC ones just keep going. Noticed the thicker cable on a few new ones. Has to be a good thing.

Rob

I have a couple of these bought on ebay. Just got round to trying them on a show and they have worked very well. I take on board overall robustness, but at this price and the type of level of work I do they are great. One of the "profesional" singers actually wants to keep his!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YPA-MM1-Headset-Microphone-SENNHEISER-Wireless-mic-/140709826241?_trksid=p4340.m185&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC.NPJS%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BUA%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D140689214652%252B140689214652%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6555680792034973128

Archived