Eurotruss vs Prolyte

diakak1s

With all respect, that hardly answered the question I asked... do you want something light duty for exhibition work, do you want something to span large distances, do you mainly intend to use 3m upright sticks on baseplates, etc etc... without giving us some idea of your application, no one will be able to advise which (or indeed, if another product is more suitable) truss to buy.

David

having worked for a rigging rental company (an without knowing much about global truss) I would say you should be looking for the truss that gives you the greatest SWL for any given span (with the smallest deflection) but has the flexibility that would allow many different configurations. Alot of accessories is always nice plus the ability to have custom structural pieces made is also very useful. I would also look for the truss that maybe a few of your competitors have so that you can sub hire from each other should the job require more stock than you have. It is pointless having a truss that no one else has as it could be sat in your yard and not be out on jobs for ages !!

TM

having worked for a rigging rental company (an without knowing much about global truss) I would say you should be looking for the truss that gives you the greatest SWL for any given span (with the smallest deflection) but has the flexibility that would allow many different configurations. Alot of accessories is always nice plus the ability to have custom structural pieces made is also very useful. I would also look for the truss that maybe a few of your competitors have so that you can sub hire from each other should the job require more stock than you have. It is pointless having a truss that no one else has as it could be sat in your yard and not be out on jobs for ages !!

TM

I think the one thing you forgot to mention was Self Weight.

If I was using truss for conference work - IE just a couple of generics, drapes and cable... but often located in hotels and the like, where forklift access isn't workable, I'd probably prefer to have something lightweight with a lower SWL rating, than something super heavy duty at the expense of needing 6 crew to lift a 2m section.

Eurotruss is IME very good for doing long spans without deflection. You can chuck a lot of weight on it and lift it with a motor at each end and it'll sit much flatter than it's Prolyte equivalent. However, it is PROPERLY heavy. I can comfortably carry a piece of 3m 52cm box truss from Prolyte, the same can most certainly not be said with the Eurotruss.

So as David Elsbury has been saying - the purpose is really the crucial factor. Yes as you say compatibility with local stock is also very important and valuable, so you can sub hire from them and them from you; but ultimately, you also need to be able to provide the goods for the job in hand. If you read the OP's second post, he mentions it's from his rental company. As such, I guess he's renting, not buying. So he'll be more interested in the one most suitable for use, not the one most suitable for making money out of!!!

Thanks for your help looks like eurotruss has less deflection then prolyte for the same spam and kgr. Again thanks.

TM

Archived