Sharkstooth Gauze

Hi All

Im after some sharkstooth gauze for an effect im trying to create. Does anyone have any ideas where I can buy some from. I have tried a few places but you have to buy large lengths. im only requiring 1 x 2 m just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that oftem has off cuts

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for replys, I dont mind colour. I using it to create a magic mirror

How do you create a magic mirror with a gauze?

Cheers

Gerry

By stretching a piece of Black gauze inside a mirror frame. Paint a few highlight streaks lightly over the surface of the 'mirror' to give the effect of light hitting the 'glass'.

Panto-tastic.

• 3 years later...

Gonna bring this thread back to life!

I am struggling to find anywhere that sells gauze 'to size'...everything seems to be rolls only.

I need a replacement black sharktooth gauze of 1200cm (W) x 380cm (H). Any ideas? http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif

JC Joel sell 1200cm wide, if you buy 4 meters it is not that tricky to trim to size or I'm sure that would do it for you.

Do you not want in making up? In which case anyone will do it the right size for you.

Hi all

The amdram that perform their productions that I work in. They built a mirror for their production back in january we have quite a fiew spare meters of gauze left over if you want just 2m square im shure I can arrange this for you for £15 plus p&p pm me if you are interested

With something that big, how are you going to finish the edge yourself? A simple hem needs a huge sowing machine if you want straight edges! For full cloths like this, the only sensible solution is to just buy one made to size. Have I missed something?

Just to add to Paul's post if you are thinking of sewing it yourself then the problem is making sure it is square before you start. Once you have managed that the actual sewing is a fairly simple job.

Archived