Repairing a Starcloth...

lite_lad

Hi,

I'm planning on using a fibre optic star cloth, the problem is the theatres stock one has been pulled apart so that the fibres are quite separate to the cloth....

Just wondering whether anyone knows how we would go about putting them back in? in the cloth there are still the little plastic bits that they slot into, but when its flown wont they just fall back out? we have time and man power but I cant see the obvious way to put it back together!

if anyone has any experience with this then id love to know how you did it! if anyone wants to see a picture then I can put them up...

thanks in advance for any help!

I dont know if its any help, but one I used recently had been repaired a few times - and it looked like they had simply used a glue gun to fasten everything back to where it should be, and some stitching to hold the optics cables to the cloth.

HTH

I dont know if its any help, but one I used recently had been repaired a few times - and it looked like they had simply used a glue gun to fasten everything back to where it should be, and some stitching to hold the optics cables to the cloth.

HTH

Just be careful with hot glue and fibre - it can end in a sticky, melted mess if you're not extra careful (I speak from bitter experience which ended in burnt fingers!).

I repair the one in our club with a glue gun all the time, just have to be careful not to let it get to hot

(the reason it needs repairing all the time is visting talent keep on trying to hide flight cases etc behind it, despite been told not to at get in)

Archived