Mobile OS Platforms

arobinsonaudio

Yes I should have made that more clear sound light video or business take your pick

I prefer the OS that gives me what I want.

It is usually a very personal preference.

Cheers

Gerry

Yes I should have made that more clear sound light video or business take your pick

I still don't think your question is specific enough. Do you have a device and want suggestions on apps to use? Do you want to develop an app and wondering what market do develop it for? Are you trying to increase your post count/ perceived reputation on the forums?

David

Poor WebOS not even getting a look in :(

I prefer Android, because its got a greater selection of free apps, and I'm competent enough to root it and play around with other custom roms to customise my phone how I like to work with it. iOS just locks too much of that down to what they want you to use, and it's not enough

Development for android also is free, rather than having to pay Apple to do it. Development is also cross platform, and last I looked, developing for iOS on a windows machine was near pointless.

As for: "sound light video or business take your pick ". At the OS side, I imagine between Android and iOS there are good enough video players and audio players to cover this. Although the hardware restrictions on the iPad with 1024x768 means no HD video for you if you want iOS. As for lighting, the main manufacturers have both iOS and android versions of focus remotes

As for business, well my android phone ties in nicely with my google apps account to give me google docs and all that malarkey, which ties into my email and my calendar, and it just syncs nicely. No idea how well the google apps are supported on iOS.

Take your pick suggests the point of the topic is to talk about phones? It's not really the subject type we normally do - because it's not much different to what computer should I buy, or what car - none of which, over the years, have made comfortable Blue Room material.

I'm going to close the topic - but feel free to contact any of the mods if you can suggest how it really fits in with everything else we do. There seem to be much better forums for discussing phone OS choices?

Paul Mods

Archived