Barco Projector Toolset

smasher

Hello

I am having difficulty connecting my mac to a Barco FLM using tool set.

The 100m ethernet cable is working ok. I have changed the network connection settings on the projector to 192.168.000.001 and in tool set I have added the FLM and have added network setting of 192.168.000.002.

But the connection is not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You need to ensure that the Mac is on the same IP and Subnet, so something like the projector on 192.168.000.001 Subnet 255.255.255.0, and the Mac's address needs to be set to something like 192.168.000.002 subnet 255.255.255.0 - from your post I'm not certain that this is what you have done.

Once you have ensured that the Mac and Projector are on those lines of address, you then need to either create a new project and add the projector with the address you have assigned it (192.168.000.001 in the case above), or edit your current settings to reflect this.

We have had various issues with the toolsets different build versions on different versions of OSX. If you can post the OS version and Toolset version I might be able to help a little more.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

The cable has been terminated Type A at both ends. So it is not a crossover cable. Do I need to terminate one end? If so does it matter which end is Type A and which end is Type B?

I am using Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 and Toolset version 1.4 build 20.

This isn't to say don't try it, but all MacBooks (Pro, Air or otherwise) have auto sensing ethernet ports, so they automatically switch over when they need to, rendering the use of a crossover cable unnecessary. I think this applies to most other new-ish computers too.

T

Thanks again all for your help.

When I get back to site I will reterminate one end of the cable to Type B.

Although It would be nice to find out for future reference if a straight patch cable would automatically be switched via auto sensing port.

I've always found these things much much easier using a router. Plenty of cheap ones on eBay for a tenner or so.

Leave the mac on dhcp, static the projector ip address outside the dhcp range of the router so it will always have the same address for you to aim at.

It also means your mac can stay on normal network settings rather than have to set it up each time and reset it after as the router will handle the setup for you.

Archived