Favourite PA

organised confusion

I was just wandering what peoples favourite PA was (or is).

I'm working for a company that has, in no particular order K1, Kudo, V-Dosc, VerTec, J-Series, Geo-T, Butterfly as well as other non line array stuff.

For me d&b J-Series is by far the greatest at the moment in terms of sound and, even from a non sound perspective it's so simple to test (prep) and rig.

Any other thoughts?

Favourite PA to do what?

While I'm sure the d&b J series is very good for some things, it's of no use to me if I want to take it anywhere in my car then fit it on the stage at in my local pub, or take it down a ladder on a "historic ship".

Equally it would be all wrong for the BGM installation I used 100V line ceiling speakers for recently.

Even if you narrow the question down to large line arrays or something, you'll just end up with a list which will probably cover most of the big names out there. Is there really any point? :unsure:

in my world of pub and club gigs I have to settle for what works and I can afford, that ends up being the likes of peavey. Recently I saw a HK contour set up at a pub gig, amazing quality. I can't see me ever being in a position to need or use such a beast but as a consiquence I now aspire to own a HK Elias system, or at least trying one out as the ultimate pub/club rig.

I'm with Mark, I can't see the point of the question, without being more specific.

If you had asked for preferred system/s for a particular application, with reasons for specifying a particular product, that's fair play and would have encouraged some interesting debate.

One that is suitable for the job, works with no hums or crackles, comes with an intelligent crew to rig and take it down, performers who are proffessional and courteous, and a client who respects the work that has gone into the show and pays three times the invoice in cash and on time.

Archived