Le Maitre Neutron pro - help!

DJOmega

I just received a Neutron Pro Hazer from a client to use on a video shoot, and it powers up, I flip the haze switch and the light flashes slowly for a minute and then pulses fast..... Yet nothing comes out and it doesn't seem to be heating up... Im not familiar with these STAR models, I have no clue where to start. Theres supposed to be an abrazer tool with the machine, but its not... so, any ideas for what else I can use to clean the processing tube? and any help whatsoever on how to get this thing going??

thanks so much guys,

Omega Man

I just received a Neutron Pro Hazer from a client to use on a video shoot, and it powers up, I flip the haze switch and the light flashes slowly for a minute and then pulses fast..... Yet nothing comes out and it doesn't seem to be heating up...  Im not familiar with these STAR models, I have no clue where to start.  Theres supposed to be an abrazer tool with the machine, but its not... so, any ideas for what else I can use to clean the processing tube?  and any help whatsoever on how to get this thing going??

thanks so much guys,

Omega Man

It's more than likely the thermocouple. You can buy replacements from your LM dealer.

To make absolutely sure what the problem is give steve lloyd a ring at LM on 020 8646 2222, he is in the repairs dept and will help you isolate the problem.

Mark

Could not be the therma couple.

Ive had a few of these machines, and the LED flashes for a number of reasons, eg, Coil, pump, electronics ect. You can never be sure what is wrong with the machines unless you open them up and test all the parts.

It would be nice if le maitre could program the LED to blink at different rates or sequences for different faults, this would help me no end in diagnostics.

Ive never had a therma couple go yet, fingers crossed!!

vince

We have a couple of Neutron XS hazers. The LED usually flashes when it's in its "Cleaning Phase" which it cycles to every so often. The control for the output is via a pot inside the machine. It's blue IIRC. Is there anything coming out of it at all? If there's a very fine haze, it might just be set to its lowest setting, otherwise it could be the nozzle. We had to replace one last year.

Paul

Thanks for all the input guys... I discovered that it was actually the processing coil fuse. On visual inspection the fuse looked fine, but the filament had pulled away from inside..... I jumped the fuse and voilla! There also was a small fracture in the processing coil and it quickly lighted up with a great deal of sparks, glowing red-hot and then the fracture separated completely, so I need a new proc. tube.... (that could explain why the fuse blew....I think) but at least its not a mystery any more!!

thanks again,

Omega Man

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using these little chappies for a while now and never new about the blue IIRC pot inside the machine (thanks to Tall Paul). Are there any potential problems adjusting this - i.e. overheating/clogging etc when not set to the factory default, and if so why didn't you nice people at LeMaitre just put it on the outside???

(my biggest compaint about the XS Hazer has always been they fill small rooms so quickly you have to manually turn it on and off all the time or buy a DMX addon)

T.D.

Are there any potential problems adjusting this?

I would definitely consult Le Maitre first on this one. Plus, beware that there are a lot of live components inside the machine, if you intend to adjust the haze level while the machine is powered, as you may wish to obtain the correct level, make sure you are extremely careful, and use an insulated screwdriver. Again, I think a phone call to the manufacturer is the best port of call.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks

am I right in saying that sticking a 9v battery between pins 1 and 2 on the analogue input triggers the hazer? Do I need to keep this connected all the time I want haze?

sp

Hi,

Think I mentioned the adjustment a while back on these babie post seems to be missing the second part I wrote mind you.

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/lofiversion/index.php/t3494.html

But as Paul says refer to the manufacture about it !

you can do a search on the net and make up a DMX unit to 0-10v switch for about £15 to switch your hazer on and off.

Cheers

Barry

ok seems I can forget a 9v battery, just connecting pins 2 and 3 simulates the haze switch being on.

I'll probably just stick a switch on the end of an XLR and let a stagehand operate it in future shows.

Thanks,

sp

Edit: Just finished making a simple remote, works a treat.

Archived