Set products

the kid

Just doing a bit of planning for a show and I am looking at joining some trucks together.

If you can imagine 2 x 2 sided square trucks |_, what I want to do is make it like this |__| so we can use as 2 rooms or 1 room, or turned for an outside (ideally on a angle for outside.

BUT I am just wondering is there anything out there akin to pin hinges but possibly quicker/less fiddley but also NEAT like pin hinges? I am thinking of something like a hook and staple type affair.

The trucks would be on lift breaks as well.

I did have a hunt on Flints but I can't really think what word to look for.

If you can imagine ...

I can't I'm afraid - not at all sure I get what you're trying to do..

Might it be coffin locks that you're thinking of? You mount them like a mortise lock on a door, and operate them with an 8mm Allen key (ideally a nice big T-handled one).

http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Duallock.gif

I will sketch out a image later but coffin locks seem very close.

THe flight case locks look good as well but might be a bit massive.

I don't have a issue with pin hinges but it is just IF we do what I am planning it is student actors attaching them, they are great students but I don't really want to add another thing of having to get them aligned.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/6070/imag0538p.jpg

If I understand correctly what your trying to do here which is just to butt up the edges but the flattage is seen on both sides how about a magnetic strip on the edges of the flattage so that they 'snap' together but can just be pulled oper and swung round by two crew?

Either that or use something like a small case clip which could be very descretely put top and bottom and painted to suit, or at least dulled down. Possibly the best though is a roto lock which would just need the hole for the 8mm allen key to fit through. Can be operated from both sides of the flat as well.

http://www.flints.co.uk/pdfcatalogue/door_furniture.pdf

Richard at Flints

yep, or some plate ones, pretty sure RS do them although rather you than I finding it in their catalogue though! so one side magnet, one side steel plate really.

Alternatively its a case of just popping some of the small cupboard type fittings on, but they'd be less neat.

Richard at Flints

Why the complexity try cleat lines and a monkey stick, the line will hold it tight and allow various angles to be set with the trucks. The cleat lines will also align the trucks, flight case fasteners or coffin clips will not allow the trucks to be set as the drawing shows.

iains

Archived