RCF/Mackie ART 300 & 500

djmatthill

Hi We got Four RCF Art 300`s or 500`s (cant remember which)

installed and they seem to have lost HF..

Does anyone know if they have any kind of HF protection Bulbs or Fuses ??

Or am I looking at new Horns ???

Any help appreciated

Matt

Your in luck.

"Dynamic high-frequency driver protection is accom- plished with a fast-response filament resistor, chosen to compliment the power curve of the driver."

Taken from the 500 flyer but exact same text in the 300 as well.

Art 500 Flyer

Not sure if these are simple fixes but at least you have a fix. If there like my JBL Eons, about a 10min / £10 job each unit.

Your in luck.

"Dynamic high-frequency driver protection is accom- plished with a fast-response filament resistor, chosen to compliment the power curve of the driver."

Taken from the 500 flyer but exact same text in the 300 as well.

Art 500 Flyer

Not sure if these are simple fixes but at least you have a fix. If there like my JBL Eons, about a 10min / £10 job each unit.

Hi Pete Thanks for your reply..

Is this a repair I could do without taking the speakers off their ceiling brackets do you think , Can I access the Crossover by unscrewing metal back Panel ?

Also Is the resistor simply soldered on the Crossover PCB ?

Sorry for all the questions... These speakers are about 9 yrs old and never failed up and to now

Matt

If you are lucky - the 'fast-response filament resistor' - will be the same type of device used on your car or van for the side lights!

If this is the case - they will be easy to obtain and cheap to buy.

I can't trace any information on the actual type fitted - so you are going to have to open the cabinet and have a look.......

Archived