Service info on Sunstar spot 575

AfroAlex

hey I am fixing a sunstar spot 575 which has a tilt problem. have checked the motor out and seems fine so an sure that it is the drive chip on the main board. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for the moving head from?

cheers

Alex

By the sounds of things this is a Chinese Mover - So I would try the Chinese manufacture for a service manual, although I would doubt they would have such a thing in English. But they might have the schematic, and might be willing to hand it it.

A Quick google throws this up http://www.china-sunstar.com/n_proshow.asp?articleid=225

By the sounds of things this is a Chinese Mover - So I would try the Chinese manufacture for a service manual, although I would doubt they would have such a thing in English. But they might have the schematic, and might be willing to hand it it.

A Quick google throws this up http://www.china-sun...p?articleid=225

And did you click on the "Technical Support" link? Blank page - says it all really!

You don't really need the schematic. Just swap pan and tilt driver chips and see if the problem tracks with the chip or stays with the tilt motor. If you need a hand determining which chips to swap, just post a decent close up pic of the circuit board and identify which wires go to which motors. Hope this helps.

cheers I will swap them about and see what happens. thanks everyone.

As it's a tilt problem, the wires have to go through the hub so may be prone to failure. Before swapping any chips, disconnect the tilt motor from the PCB and attach a meter between the motor windings (all connected together) and the chassis of the unit then (while moving the head backwards and forwards) check that there are no intermittent shorts to chassis. This is a common cause of driver chip failure and you may end up just blowing up more driver chips.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived