How long should I wait

Matthew Robinson

Afternoon,

I sent off to a local theatre enquiring about casual work in about September. Having sent it to the production manager, I received a reply two days later saying that he'd forwarded it on to the person who runs their stage crew. Since then, I've not heard anything more from them. I am considering sending another email reminding them about my application, but I was just wondering if this seemed too pushy and just wanted a bit of advice re: sending this reminder.

Thanks,

Matt

Is there a production on there at the moment?

If there is, I would think the crew boss probably has enough to deal with without worrying about taking on new guys. I would wait until there's a break from productions.

If it is a break at the moment, you could call and just ask if he'd had a chance to look through it. I find that people don't mind phone calls once contact has already been made, it's only completely unsolicited ones that get on their nerves. It's unusual for people not to get back at all, even if you're rubbish they'll usually say "we'll hold your details on file and see if anything comes up".

email the first person, explaining you're sorting out your new year diary and as you contacted them in September wondered if anything would be forthcoming before you contact other venues as they'd replied saying it would be forwarded, and to date, you'd not had a reply? Just be nice. DON'T resend the CV - they already have it and sending it again means it could well get binned if your skill set isn't quite right, while if there are any spaces, then they could think it's them lost it and you get some work by default? Maybe?

Archived