Removing the bottom cover on a Mac 250+

lightsource

Hi all, as the topic title suggests, how do you get the bottom cover off an old Martin Mac 250+. Removed the 2 outside cover screws, but it is still held tight.

Noticed that there are three internal screws, do these need to come out as well.

I need access to the fan, to give it a good clean!

Hi

You should see that the cover is attached to the silver chassis mounts by some black M4x12 screws. Just be careful as the fan cable can be a bit short.

I can't reach any of my heads at the moment but if you're still stuck tomorrow I'd be happy to post a photo or two.

All the best

Timmeh

Cheers Timmeh, there appears to be 4 screws, where you said. I've got 3 of them out, but the fourth is partially obscured by the igniter, and I can't get to it.

You're right about the fan cable...........

Yup - you need to get that screw out! Get yourself a long screwdriver (magnetised for reassembly later) and, if necessary, gently ease the igniter aside with it as you poke down towards the screw. Great bit of design innit!

Dave

Great bit of design innit!

Dave

No :P

Just out of interest, how do yo remove the igniter? It appears to be on some sort of shock mount, as it moves a bit, but appears to be attached at the rear, which would suggest the back panel needs removing to get access.

Edit to add.... anyone got any tips to wedge the head in a stable position while working on it?

Various parts (lens, shutter, prism etc) have been removed, and the head is off balance, so moving all over the place, especially in an upwards direction!

Just out of interest, how do yo remove the igniter? It appears to be on some sort of shock mount, as it moves a bit, but appears to be attached at the rear, which would suggest the back panel needs removing to get access.

Edit to add.... anyone got any tips to wedge the head in a stable position while working on it?

Various parts (lens, shutter, prism etc) have been removed, and the head is off balance, so moving all over the place, especially in an upwards direction!

The igniter mounting comprises a large bolt with a thin flat head which fits into a slot in the igniter body. It's a while since I pulled one apart but in theory you should be able to slide the igniter off the bolt BUT I can't remember ever doing this. It might not even be possible within the confines of the head.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i440/drvtech1/BlueRoom%20pics/DSC07093.jpg

To wedge the head, put a block of wood on top of the yoke between the yoke and the head. Trim thickness to suit!

Dave

Cheers Dave, that picture is correct, however the bolt assembly was on the back of the igniter, not at the base as the picture shows.

Didn't manage to slide it off, it was stuck hard, but managed to wedge a screwdriver down the side of the igniter to loosen the last base screw. I've now also taken the back panel off, (another pain in the ar3s) removed the bolt on the igniter, so will be able to the screw back in when finished.

Are all movers this bad? or is it jut this one :wall:

Archived