Leap frog 48 recording strobe

michael

Hi,

Currently I am working on a show using a Zero 88 Leap Frog 48.

We have a Diversitronic strobe we want to use but the desk doesn't have a fixture personality for this so we are having to patch it as something else, when we go to record the strobe in either a memory or a submaster the strobe doesn't get recorded but everything else (LEDs, Moving heads and dimmers) does.

Does anyone know what we could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Michael

I dont think you can control a strobe in the way you want. You need to set a demux to switch to a channel of control so basically you switch the power on and off to the unit. The only problem is I believe the surge current in a big strobe is fairly high on start up so no idea if it would run through a conventional 10A dimmer. You need to set the speed on the unit obviously

Most strobes will have their own remote control unit with cable meaning that you can operate them seperately to the rest of the rig. However, some of the larger units such as the atomic will have built in DMX facilities allowing you to just assign the unit in the usual way. I'm not familier with the unit you have so unfortunately cannot comment. If it has DMX then I can't see any reason why this should not work providing you have patched it into your desk correctly.

Archived