Grease

Drama Queen

Got a great one.

A slice of Saturday Night. You still need a band to do it justice, but you could record it and do racks, but you still need musicians to do that?

It is full of pastiche songs that sound like 60s popular songs. Basic story is boys fancy girls, girls fancy boys - and all meet up at the club a gogo - a disco. Much action set in the toilets, and the club, run by Eric. I've done it twice and it's great fun for high school people to do - BUT some schools remove a few of the ruder bits. The other one that is maybe worth looking at (and could be done with tracks as they are popular original 70s songs) is Boogie Nights, by Jon conway.

EDIT

I have merged your new topic with the one you started last week, where lots of people helped (but you didn't go back to it)

We usually consider it polite to tell people when you have sorted a question - because they don't know, so (as they did) keep on with suggestions.

Paul

Mods

• 1 month later...

Moderation: PLEASE

This is the third time you have started a topic on your intention to do Grease - going back to October. I have closed one new one, and joined the other new one created today into the one started in October - that you didn't really finish.

Many members get more than a little miffed that when they help - nothing seems to happen, then you pop up again with a follow on that really just should have gone in the original.

On a personal level - you've had 3 months now to look at the project, and only now looking at the props requirement does seem to suggest that you're a little out of your depth here.

If you can't fathom out the props for a show so well known (and available on video) then how on earth will you be able to direct it. Plenty of people have already explained this is NOT in any shape or form a simple show to do. We have asked lots of questions and had no response from you - yet you want us to help yet again?

I suspect from now on that you need to ask VERY specific questions, or people simply won't wish to help as it might just be a total waste of time.

Just be careful. We will help if we can, but you are in Jordan - so local help will be a bit tricky - and if we're the only source of help because your teachers are simply hopeless and don't know themselves - so can't teach you, then how do we proceed. Please - put your thoughts together and try again - but we don't need any more posts on Grease - let's do it here!

The script has a props list in it. Use that and take out what you don't need. Also, if you are to be directing the performance, you should know what you want and don't want in it props wise right?

Archived