Any help on finding a BS??

DSA

Hi,

I am trying to track down a copy of the BSi Standard with Catalogue number PP7319 (ISBN: 0580173305) - "Construction Drawing Practice for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges". First Published 1989.

Now I know it is not really at all related to theatre (well I suppose it could be!), but we have been recommended it for our Technical Drawing. We have also been told that it is out of print and very hard to come by. I wondered if anyone knew where might be a good place to look (other than a library - I would quite like a hard copy to keep).

It is by no means an essential part of my course, but is very useful as it contains all the standard symbols etc. used on Technical Drawings, plus examples.

Thanks,

David

Moderators - if you think this is irrelevant to these forums, please delete and PM me, but I thought it was probably worth a try...

I know you said other than the library, but the library at Plymouth was great. I nearly copied the 16th book for reference purposes. That said we did have access through a portal to all the BS to download. Whether that would still be on the system I don't know.

I know you said other than the library, but the library at Plymouth was great. I nearly copied the 16th book for reference purposes. That said we did have access through a portal to all the BS to download. Whether that would still be on the system I don't know.

That is a good point. I may end up photocopying it...oh I didn't say that. No we are allowed to copy about 10%, so I guess most of the useful information could be copied, for reference purposes.

Brian - I take your point, however I believe that the standard symbols haven't changed that much. One could argue 'why are we doing Technical Drawing anyway'....but I do think it will be useful - if only to understand the thought process.

I am currently suffering with the wonders of AutoCAD(!!) Much easier :D

David

Archived