VGA and Power Cable?

bigbert

hello again,

cheers for replies

@Gareth A - Sent an email to the company you recommended - waiting for a reply now

@ Stuart91 - I'd prefer to have D'subminiature connector as the cable shall be used for a LCD computer monitor however I'm not ruling it out

Bert

you can get expandable braided tubing which you feed normal cables down. Heatshrink the ends for neatness and you get very dependable looms which coil much better than looms where the individual cables are repetitively taped together at short intervals down the loom.

http://connectorco.co.uk/catalogue/cable_sleeving.htm is a selection of such things, CPC also do similar tubing.

you can get a tool to help feed the cables down the tubing, this might make the process a little easier with VGA cables with moulded ends.

you can get a tool to help feed the cables down the tubing, this might make the process a little easier with VGA cables with moulded ends.

Tape the ends together and put a small freezer bag over them. Fashion a sort of hook thingamajig from part of a wire coathanger and Bob's yer uncle.

Cable tie each end and heat shrink to stop it fraying and slipping.

Cheers,

Peter

Though watch the heat from the gun - first time I ever used braided sleeving and adhesive heatshrink, I melted through the sleeving whilst shrinking the stuff round the cables. Except the sleeving retracked as it melted, and left the end of the sleeving loose, and some straggly bits of braid stuck under the now shrunk and sticky heat shrink. Fail....

Got a reply from HCAL want a minimum order of 2000m which is a tad useless.

I had considered the expandable braiding option but I was looking for a more off the shelf solution, however I can see myself having to get my heat gun out .....

Bert

Archived