CDJ 1000 - damaged microswitch,

Thomas1987

Hi all,

Long shot but I've got a couple of damaged CDJ's where the cue button has been hammered. Looking at it, I *should* be able to just replace the microswitch, rather than that whole board - quite happy soldering one on. But I have no idea if its a custom pioneer part, or available from certain electrical stores.

Anyone got any advice? Just begrudge paying pioneer £60 for a replacement board for a £2 component. Guess at least if I get one board I can use the dead boards switches as spares but galling.

Can you get a picture? Is it a standard microswitch, miniature microswitch, tactile switch...? CPC will probably stock it, RS almost certainly will, and I'd bet £20 on Mouser having one...

Obviously been a long day... Was ranting at one of the crew about how much pioneer charge for a board when its only one component and what a rip off life is etc, and he suggested Ebay (which I had not thought of!) .... Low and behold, there we are! £2 each + 70p delivery! Ordered a dozen in case I ###### up the soldering - if all is successful, will post the link to the store selling them (UK based) for future people who may find this thread.

Unfortunately they tend to go quite often as, in my experience, DJs find that a simple tap on the button just won't do. It needs a vigorous slap!

Use as little solder as possible. I find I can replace the microswitch about 3 times before it's bu99ered (microswitch still "clicks" but doesn't respond). At this point you can solder a bit of wire on the back of the board off the Cue, and you should probably order a new board for when that gives up...

Archived