Hitachi CP-x1250 network software

Impact Pete

What version of windows is the computer? Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Set the Projector IP address to 192.168.1.24 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 - dont worry about default gateway and DNS server. If it needs them then put 192.168.1.1 in for now.

On the computer set the IP address to 192.168.1.23 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 - if you let us know what version of windows it is we can talk you through the process for that.

Then as mentioned above, once setup you can enter the projector IP address into the software for the projector.

This is all assuming you are connecting the projector and PC directly together - not attaching them to another network?

Nick

What version of windows is the computer? Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7?

Set the Projector IP address to 192.168.1.24 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 - dont worry about default gateway and DNS server. If it needs them then put 192.168.1.1 in for now.

On the computer set the IP address to 192.168.1.23 with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 - if you let us know what version of windows it is we can talk you through the process for that.

Then as mentioned above, once setup you can enter the projector IP address into the software for the projector.

This is all assuming you are connecting the projector and PC directly together - not attaching them to another network?

Nick

Hi thanks it's windows 7, it is attached directly when in use with projector.

my concern is it is used on other networks in other buildings not with projectors but I didn't want to cause any problems with it connecting via wireless connections etc.

I'm afraid this may sound silly but like I said I have limited knowledge!

You setup your wireless and wired network connections separately so your wireless network wont be changed. However you can also setup your wired network to work fine for most other networks and still be ok when connected to your projector.

Follow this:

http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/2009/11/26/windows-7-static-ip/

But when you get to Step 5 DO NOT click on 'Use the following IP Address' Instead you will see another tab at the top of the dialogue box saying "Alternate Configuration". Click that and select "User Configured". Then enter 192.168.1.23 in the IP Address box and 255.255.255.0 in the subnet mask box.

When you connect your cable between the projector and the laptop the laptop will spend a minute or so looking for a 'network'. If it doesn't find one it will set itself up to work with the projector. So when you plug it in leave it for a minute or so before you try connecting.

Then give it a try :)

Nick

Edit: if its a more permanant setup consider getting a cheap router that will issue out DHCP addresses for the network. You don't really need the features of a router, but for the cost it isnt going to make much difference.

Ebay has this one for under a tenner plus will allow you to connect via wireless if you so wish :)

You setup your wireless and wired network connections separately so your wireless network wont be changed. However you can also setup your wired network to work fine for most other networks and still be ok when connected to your projector.

Follow this:

http://blog.mclaughl...ws-7-static-ip/

But when you get to Step 5 DO NOT click on 'Use the following IP Address' Instead you will see another tab at the top of the dialogue box saying "Alternate Configuration". Click that and select "User Configured". Then enter 192.168.1.23 in the IP Address box and 255.255.255.0 in the subnet mask box.

When you connect your cable between the projector and the laptop the laptop will spend a minute or so looking for a 'network'. If it doesn't find one it will set itself up to work with the projector. So when you plug it in leave it for a minute or so before you try connecting.

Then give it a try :)

Nick

Edit: if its a more permanant setup consider getting a cheap router that will issue out DHCP addresses for the network. You don't really need the features of a router, but for the cost it isnt going to make much difference.

Ebay has this one for under a tenner plus will allow you to connect via wireless if you so wish :)

Hi Nick I tried all this and set up the user configeration on the v4 part it did not seem to work, it tried to diagnose a problem that it said there were non.

I may be missing something vital and did not take in fully stages 1-4 in terms of taking note of ip addresses etc.

I expect in reality this is all really a very simple problem to sort out.

Archived