Hitachi CP-x1250 network software

Impact Pete

Hi where can I download the network software so I can controll the projector functions from a computer rather than the remote?

thanks for any links or advice, we did have something but the computer is cream crackered and cannot get the old sofware off it

Can't remember exactly where, but it's somewhere on Hitachi's website

The Sanyo units we use have the software stored on them. You open up a web browser page from the projector and download the software from there - plus most of the functions can be controlled from the browser directly.

Check the manual to see what the default IP address. If its on DHCP use a network scanner like this to find its IP address.

Nick

The Sanyo units we use have the software stored on them. You open up a web browser page from the projector and download the software from there - plus most of the functions can be controlled from the browser directly.

Check the manual to see what the default IP address. If its on DHCP use a network scanner like this to find its IP address.

Nick

Nick, the Hitachi has it's own special software that you have to download (there may be a web interface as well, I can't remember). What I do remember is that I always found the Hitachi special control software much better than the Sanyo web interface at my previous job, where I had one of each!

Wow, that was actually quite tricky to find- I'm sure I used to have a copy on my computer...

If you go here you need to scroll about halfway down until you see 'PJCtrl v4.10 (Projector Control Software)'. You then need to click on the download link, fill in a form, and that will give you the download.

Ian

hi thanks for all the replies, before I had an answer I spent ages on Hitachi's website and like you guys eventually found it.

Where the projector is installed has no internet access at all, I loaded the program but cannot get it to talk to the projector.

If you go into the network menu you can adjust the ip address which I matched to the configured page on the laptop, so they both say the same but it will not work the projector.

Read all Hitachi manual and software pdf that was appropriate but I must be missing something.

Questions;

Is it possible that the lap top in any way is different to the old pc and might need a cable reverse pin lead?

Is the laptop blocking the network connected by the cat 5 cable?

I'm now beyond my knowledge!

Wow, that was actually quite tricky to find- I'm sure I used to have a copy on my computer...

If you go here you need to scroll about halfway down until you see 'PJCtrl v4.10 (Projector Control Software)'. You then need to click on the download link, fill in a form, and that will give you the download.

Ian

Hi thank you that's the one I found and have installed but cannot get to work

If you are connecting a cable straight between the projector and the laptop it will (probably)* need to be a crossover cable (look at the cable ends, if the green and orange cables are connected the same at both ends then its NOT a crossover cable). If your not sure the best way would be to connect a network switch or hub between the two. Really you should connect them to a network with a router (DHCP Server) on it for the easiest setup.

Quick network test is to go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Command Prompt and type 'ping' space then the IP address of the projector and press enter. You will either see 4 lines that say 'Request timed out' or 4 lines that say 'Reply received from <ip address>'. If its the latter then there is nothing wrong with your network setup but could be a firewall blocking the port so try disabling any firewalls on your computer (AVG, Norton, Windows Firewall etc).

Nick

*sometimes a patch cable will work if either the PC or projector support 'auto-uplink'

If you are connecting a cable straight between the projector and the laptop it will (probably)* need to be a crossover cable (look at the cable ends, if the green and orange cables are connected the same at both ends then its NOT a crossover cable). If your not sure the best way would be to connect a network switch or hub between the two. Really you should connect them to a network with a router (DHCP Server) on it for the easiest setup.

Quick network test is to go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Command Prompt and type 'ping' space then the IP address of the projector and press enter. You will either see 4 lines that say 'Request timed out' or 4 lines that say 'Reply received from <ip address>'. If its the latter then there is nothing wrong with your network setup but could be a firewall blocking the port so try disabling any firewalls on your computer (AVG, Norton, Windows Firewall etc).

Nick

*sometimes a patch cable will work if either the PC or projector support 'auto-uplink'

Hi thanks, I have no reason to think it should be the cable as for the last 6 years the old PC worked fine, I was just wondering if different computers had different outputs?

will try the 'ping' tho

Some computers support 'auto-uplink' and will automatically work out if the cable should be a crossover cable or not, and if you have used the wrong type of cable it will sort itself out. But not all computers do this so it may be that your old one did, and this one doesn't.

Nick

If you go into the network menu you can adjust the ip address which I matched to the configured page on the laptop, so they both say the same but it will not work the projector.

If you mean you've set the laptop and the projector to the same IP address, then that won't work.

They need to be on close but different IPs, just different in the final section - eg 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2

Philip

If you mean you've set the laptop and the projector to the same IP address, then that won't work.

They need to be on close but different IPs, just different in the final section - eg 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2

Philip

Hi thank you I had not realised that I will try that tomorrow, so if my projector is 192.168.1.24 then I should configure the laptop hitachi sofware to 192.168.1.23 ?

kind regards

if my projector is 192.168.1.24 then I should configure the laptop hitachi sofware to 192.168.1.23 ?

Just to be clear, if you set the projector on 192.168.1.24, then set the laptop's own IP address (in the windows networking settings) to 192.168.1.23 .

In the hitachi software you would enter 192.168.1.24 as that's what you're trying to connect to.

Philip

if my projector is 192.168.1.24 then I should configure the laptop hitachi sofware to 192.168.1.23 ?

Just to be clear, if you set the projector on 192.168.1.24, then set the laptop's own IP address (in the windows networking settings) to 192.168.1.23 .

In the hitachi software you would enter 192.168.1.24 as that's what you're trying to connect to.

Philip

Hi now I'm really out my depth.

The laptop is removed and used on a wireless network in a different building, I have limited knowledge on networks and addressing, I had not realised I had to delve into windows settings.

Could you be more specific?

It is very easy to change the projector ip address which was reset and did not have one so I set it to what I thought it was then set a sub mask? ip address of 255.255.255.1 I think and a gerneral of 255.255.255.0

(from memory)

I do need some assist on this !

Archived