Hello and Bags

Fingers

Hi

A long time watcher, first time poster so be gentle!

As a relatively young (I guess you could say freelance) soundie, a lot of the time I find myself traveling from gig to gig with armfuls of technician things that that go with me virtually everywhere. I'm talking about a laptop, audio interface, the usual cables, camera and other bits and pieces, a relatively standard set up. Normally I would just find the nearest rucksack and sling it all in there. However, as I seem to be travelling more and more recently, and I seem to be gaining more and more expensive things. I've wondered if there is a better solution.

Of course I've been googling like mad but I haven't seen anything to really warrant spending a great deal of money on. I've seen bags from UDG and Magma but they're all £££. So a bit of advice would be wonderful.

I need a bag that will hold a good amount of kit and have 'room to grow'. Preferably a backpack that can protect expensive tech (for example a £1500 macbook pro). I guess some of the touring professionals may have a production flight case but that's not very practical for me!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received!

Elliott

Have a search for Peli cases. They are not backpacks but they do an airline carry on friendly one with wheels and a pull handle. Indestructible, waterproof, and if all else fails you end up with a very cool suitcase. About a hundred quid but it will last forever.

Cheers,

Peter

Hear Hear on the Peli Cases, however they are a tad pricey, but utterly bombproof. Im currently running a customised mini cable trunk as my tool kit. Its a Russian Doll Size 4 from Swanflight (http://www.swanflight.com/misc-transport-cases/russian-doll4.html), but with luggage wheels and handle instead of castors, with foam and dividers. It also doubles up as a great low seat for when working ontop of a roadtrunk on a piece of equipment or high stool, for operating depending on orientation.It cost me, including delivery, about £145. I would certainly recommend going for something a little more solid with more inherent protection.

Links to look at:

Flightcase Warehouse - Explorer range (similar to peli case)

Toolbox @ Flightcasewarehouse

Peli Cases

hth

Dunc

Welcome and tip number one,; do a search and find what has already been discussed then you can make your queries more specific.

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=44021&st=0&p=364361&hl=+tool%20+cases&fromsearch=1entry364361

BR has been around a while and there is a massive amount of info and discussion available in Wiki and search functions so make use of it. Gentle enough?

Welcome and tip number one,; do a search and find what has already been discussed then you can make your queries more specific.

http://www.blue-room...=1

BR has been around a while and there is a massive amount of info and discussion available in Wiki and search functions so make use of it. Gentle enough?

hava added another link with my toolbox there

Archived