New Digital Desks

danny_zisys

They're missing a trick there..

Really? Think they created enough of a buzz with the original anouncement & showing - not sure they need any more than that! And, given that it won't be out until next year, doubt there's any more that's worth showing now.

They're missing a trick there..

Really? Think they created enough of a buzz with the original anouncement & showing - not sure they need any more than that! And, given that it won't be out until next year, doubt there's any more that's worth showing now.

I haven't seen it yet myself in the flesh so just wanted to have a nose really.

New Midas Desks out this weekend.

PRO2 and PRO2c

Looks like a touchscreen from the pics as the screen is in a different position from the PRO3 and would be suitable for touching as opposed to the XL8 and PRO series position.

Looks good.

Just wonder if its - Affordable :-) - 24Bit 96kHz ADC - Touchscreen - Digital Multicore ??

Off to PLASA to have a look.

This fulfil any cravings.....?

http://www.midasconsoles.com/pro2_intro.php

Interestingly, doesn't mention a touch screen, which is a shame for a screen taking up that much space!

I guess it got launched today. Got to say, I'm impressed that their website already has a fully featured product page on the thing.

I did chuckle a bit when I saw it's got an FAQ section - it's only been out a day, how many questions have you had? :-)

Would be interesting to hear the price point on this thing. M7CL and SC48 territory?

This fulfil any cravings.....?

http://www.midasconsoles.com/pro2_intro.php

Interestingly, doesn't mention a touch screen, which is a shame for a screen taking up that much space!

IIRC, none of the Midas desks have touch screens - they are used for information display only. Everything on the screen is mapped to physical buttons. They have a condensed channel strip with a bunch of function selects (on the larger ones - the Pro2 appears to only have a single select)- tapping this will open up the relevant screens and assign them to the controls beside the monitor.

Interesting to see how Midas have now removed the H4k and 3k et all from the list of current products, leaving the pro, xl8, and veniceF (as well as the Xl's)

Since they discontinued the Heritage 3000 17 months ago, how long did you expect them to show it as a current product?

Mac

Interesting to see how Midas have now removed the H4k and 3k et all from the list of current products, leaving the pro, xl8, and veniceF (as well as the Xl's)

They annnounced the end of the Heritage series in April 2010, so I think it would be fair to describe them as a no longer current product.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived