Lighting Lab

I am currently developing a lighting lab to allow my students to experiment with lighting effects. We have been given a small space with only 13 amp power sockets. I have sourced a few Par16 birdie for use in the lab but I'm in need of some lantern that will allow for the use of gobos (profiles). I was wondering if anyone could suggest possible low wattage lanterns that would be useful to use. Teaching the students about textured lighting etc is difficult at the moment with only PAR16 lamps. The space is to be used for them to present design ideas to directors as well so the lower the wattage the more they can use and explore. Any help would be appreciated and our budget is low so major expensive kit is out of the question. We have looked into using software rather than the lab but the hands on approach appeals to our students and we struggle with getting enough access to computers.

Archived