The Wiz Projection

Mat

Hello. I am working with a local drama company on their summer school performance of "The Wiz". It is being performed in a black boxed drama studio at my school. Very convenient. Anyway, the person running the summer school wants some projected images on the upstage wall dependant on where the characters are during the play. She is wanting a "fallen house" when Dorothy first comes into Oz however I am having trouble finding a decent one. I was thinking of using an image of the set piece used in "Wicked!" Having search engined my brain out I still haven't found one. If anyone has an image of the "Wicked!" house or a house that you think may be suitable for the production please let me know. Alternatively, if you can suggest an alternative projection, voice your opinion.

The director is looking for projection on the back wall of the performance space in the studio. Granted a gobo could work however the show is very low budget so they are using the equipment the school has in-house. Projection is the only effect that can easily be done.

Archived