Tecpro MS721 Master Station

jman

Hi

I have just started working in a theatre and have found a Tecpro MS721 Master station and packs etc but I have not used one of these before.

Does anyone have a manual for this as I can't find one online?

Also does anyone know how to link channels 1 & 2 so everyone can hear each other as I have 4 BP111 belt packs and headsets but each channel only has 3 connections or less I link the 4th pack to one of the others.

Regards

Jonty

I don't believe you can link the circuits on that master station. A & B are completely separate, and the only place they meet is on the headset that's plugged in to the master station!

Having a separate cable for each beltpack is perhaps not that normal - unless it's utterly impossible to run it that way, you'll have to daisy-chain at least two beltpacks.

On the Tecpro UK web site they say "Original Tecpro master stations offered a creditable 650mA per circuit - enough to drive sixteen of our BP511 beltpacks".

From Stage Services web site

Tecpro MS721 Master Station

2 independent intercom circuits outputs: 2 (A & B)

Power: UK/Eur 200-260V

Intercom o/p: 0.64A continuous (16 outstations) per circuit

Headset speakers: 8 ohm to 4K ohm

Headset mic: 200 ohm to 600 ohm dynamic (limiter present in circuit)

Aux Audio mic input: 200 ohm mic

Aux Audio Line level: Unbalanced (Option of Balanced) 10k ohm impedance 25mV max.

Size (mm): 483 x 88 254 deep

Weight (kg) 4.4kg

Electronic protection: Independent PSU short circuit, reverse voltage protection and

Also found this on Walker Sound:

Canford Tecpro MS721 Master Station

MS721 two circuit master station with

2 independent intercom circuits.

Outputs: 2 circuits (A & B)

Power: UK/Eur 200-260V

Intercom o/p: 0.64A continuous (16 outstations) per circuit

Headset speakers: 8 ohm to 4K ohm

Headset mic: 200 ohm to 600 ohm dynamic (limiter present in circuit)

Aux Audio mic input: 200 ohm mic

Aux Audio Line level: Unbalanced (Option of Balanced) 10k ohm impedance 25mV max.

Illuminated call switches. Linkable circuits. Two headset terminals each with headset and microphone volume. MS721 is capable of powering up to 16 belt packs or outstations per circuit.

2u 19” rack mounting.

It would appear that Canford took over Tecpro ? Canford Tecpro parts

If you want to link two lines, use a bipolar or non polarised capacitor, with at least 63v rating as the Canford talkback uses +24v and most others use +30v, between pin3 of one circuit and pin 3 of the other. 1 uF should be enough. The earth should be common. Do not connect the +24v on pin 2.

If you just want to run four or more beltpacks on one circuit, you now know you can go up to 16 beltpacks. However never push a system to its limits and long cables can cause volt drop.

Have you contacted product support at Canford to see if they have an archive copy of the manual? That would be the obvious place to start.

The Master Station has a single power supply connected to both channels. It is quite common to daisy-chain packs, but you can also use a splitter anywhere in the run. Loudspeaker stations use more power than headsets. The 16 outstations mentioned above relate to beltpacks.

The aux inputes (Mic and Line) are often used to put programme sound onto the talkback bus.

There is an option board that MAY be fitted. It will switch loudspeaker stations to a second, preset volume when teh mic on the master statoin is turned on.

One annoying feature is that the channel select switch switches mic and earphone onn and off. It is not possible to monitor both channels ad talk on just one.

I don't believe you can link the circuits on that master station. A & B are completely separate, and the only place they meet is on the headset that's plugged in to the master station!

I regularly use a couple of these as master stations and I always thought that enabling both A+B buttons did link the circuits. They certainly allow the headset wearer at the master station to talk to people on both circuits simultaneously and I've never noticed disjointed replies from different circuits. To be honest it has always been used for calling cameras with director on the master station and cameramen on beltpacks so there isn't often conversation between different cameramen, perhaps I've just never noticed. In the back of my mind there are some jumper settings on the back of the unit. I need to pull one out of a rack next week, I will take a look then and report back.

Alternatively, give Canford Technical support a ring, they are very good and will almost certainly be able to email you a manual.

Cheers,

Peter

The answers are.

This is no longer online but Canford tech team do have this and can send out as a PDF.

Also does anyone know how to link channels 1 & 2 so everyone can hear each other as I have 4 BP111 belt packs and headsets but each channel only has 3 connections or less I link the 4th pack to one of the others.

You can't get channels 1 & 2 to link on the master station but you can use 2 splitters and then link the 2 channels.

• 8 months later...

I've added to this topic, rather than start a new one. With the master station, using the round 'on' button does something different to the packs on my one. Switching off say channel A means your headset cannot be heard by people on the line - but it also means you cannot hear them, which is really annoying. Is there a jumper anywhere that alters the operation so that it just functions as a normal mic on/off, rather than mic AND earphone on/off?

I know there are jumpers to set which of the channels gets the line and mic input, but I can't find any others?

Paul

Archived