Problem with fixture

davecon

I have a 6 channel (brightness, R, G, B, W, strobe) LED cloth and for some reason it seems to be stuck as fixture 5. So even when set to address 001 a basic controller such as the SDC-6 can't control it, but if I switch to something like the JC-1 and select fixture 5 it works fine. Is there anyway to change this so it will work with a simple controller instead of needing something more complex?

So you've set the DMX start address for the LED controller to 1, and it's still not behaving? How is the DMX address set - is it through DIP switches, or something more clever?

Perhaps you could tell us what make and model of cloth you're using?

Well, the first thing that springs to mind is that instead of setting DMX to 1, you've inadvertently set some other parameter to 1 instead.

The second thing that springs to mind is that it's broken! I don't suppose the manual refers to some sort of factory-reset?

Have you contacted the company you bought it from and/or the manufacturer by phone or email?

If not, then you should do so.

From the info you've given, it sounds like it's a product made by "Guangzhou Wision Light CO.,LTD", who are based in China - so give them a few days to respond due to the different timezones.

They do have direct email contact details - on http://www.lightupvision.com/Customer.asp, it says that you should contact Willa on 'sales@lightupvision.com'

You should always contact the supplier first, followed by the manufacturer, as they are the ones most likely to be able to help you.

Archived