Zero 88 Betapack Help

R.J.S

I have an issue with a betapack2, one channel (no.2) is always on at roughly 30%, when given DMX control or put under tst you can control it and raise the intensity up to 100%. So unsure what hte fault is, I dont believe it to be the triac as I am lead to believe it would cause the channel to be stuck on/off. It is not the preheat or test functions as this has been checked. Has anyone got any ideas to get us set off on the right direction of getting it repaired. It doesnt effect any other channel on the dimmer. It is wired in single phase.

Any help would be appreciated.

As Paul says, try the triac. One that has gone short in one direction only would give the effect described.

After that, if you feel you're up to it, you could remove the DMX decoder board and see if the fault disappears. The DMX decoder just plugs onto the main control PCB. It'll help isolate the fault.

Sorry it's a bit late, but if you're really stuck, you could contact Keith Rogers at Zero 88, I had a load of problems with an Alcora desk, and Keith sorted me out with a service manual, schematics, even down to the pcb foils. He's been there for years, and knows most of the kit inside out. His email is: Keith.Rogers@cooperindustries.com Or you can ask to speak to him by calling the switchboard on: 01633 838088.

Ian

Archived