Zero 88 Frog 2 Fixture File Help!

Aaron-Hill07

Evening all,

Bought myself a Zero 88 Frog 2.. I'm patching some LED Pars and strips into the desk (Stairville manufacture) The files are in the fixture library and all the channels are right etc in the actual file. However when you patch them, it doesnt come up as RGB, it comes up as CMY. Which obviously is useless!

I need them to be able to mix RGB, obviously because of the difference between additive and subtractive mixing.. If you locate the fixtures, they aren't on because the colours are 'inverted' almost

Any help would be great before I phone Zero88 tomorrow!

Aaron

PROBLEM SOLVED! For anyone having the same problem, simply hold down 'Setup' and select 'Colour' then change colour mixing mode from CMY to RGB!

Just to clarify why you have to do this, ZerOS works in one colour mode, and automatically makes the conversion for you. So if you have both CMY and RGB fixtures, you can choose which 'mode' you want to work in and control all your fixtures using that single mode. The default for this is CMY.

You could have programmed your show using CMY values and the RGB led's would have worked absolutely fine, so it's not 'useless', and the differences between additive and subtractive mixing doesn't make any difference in this situation - it just assumes CMY are all at full when the LED is off, and you take out colour instead of adding it in.

I hope this clears up why you were having the problem :-)

Archived