More MAC 500 issues...

rlower

Hi there.

Just wondering if anyone had any thought...

Currently having a few issues with a Mac 500 of ours.

It seams the fixture is fine running/testing manually. - Controlling pan/tilt etc in the MAN menu on the fixture.

However, operating from a console - when trying to tilt the fixture nothing happens, and when panning it, the tilt is affected as well as pan.

Swapping out the motherboard, then the fault is fixed. And placing the motherboard in another fixture, the fault follows.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Any chips on the motherboard I could try swapping about?

sounds like it's in the wrong mode for you're desk profile...

Hi there.

Just wondering if anyone had any thought...

Currently having a few issues with a Mac 500 of ours.

It seams the fixture is fine running/testing manually. - Controlling pan/tilt etc in the MAN menu on the fixture.

However, operating from a console - when trying to tilt the fixture nothing happens, and when panning it, the tilt is affected as well as pan.

Swapping out the motherboard, then the fault is fixed. And placing the motherboard in another fixture, the fault follows.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Any chips on the motherboard I could try swapping about?

I agree with Darossid. Looking at the DMX map for the 500 and looking at the symptoms you describe it looks like your desk is trying the control the fixtures using the mode 2 or 4 map whilst the fixture itself is in mode 1 or 3. In Mode 2 and 4 you have pan and tilt course and fine channels whilst mode 2 and 4 only have course control. so if you adjust tilt on the desk you are adjusting channels 13 and 14 whilst the fixture is lsitening to channel 12 for tilt so nothing will happen. Where as if you adjust pan on the desk you are adjusting channels 11 and 12 and as the fixture is listening to channel 11 for pan and 12 for tilt when you adjust the pan on the desk both the pan and tilt will move on the fixture.

I suggest you check the mode on the fixture with the new board that works and make sure the old board is set to the same mode.

sounds like it's in the wrong mode for you're desk profile.

If that was the case the fault would still be there when the motherboard is swapped

Swapping out the motherboard, then the fault is fixed. And placing the motherboard in another fixture, the fault follows

Yep got it. Thanks.

It was in Mode 1, and we run all our 500's in mode 4.

Strange though, because it was in mode 4 earlier today. I had it apart to track down a loom issue, so I must have somehow wiped the memory?

All good though, thought I'd upset a DMX chip or something.

Thanks for the replies.

sounds like it's in the wrong mode for you're desk profile.

If that was the case the fault would still be there when the motherboard is swapped

Swapping out the motherboard, then the fault is fixed. And placing the motherboard in another fixture, the fault follows

The 'fault' was still there, as your second quote points out, as it's a setting on the motherboard that was swapped around.

Archived