Zero 88 Frog 2 Fixture File Help!

Aaron-Hill07

Afternoon All,

Looking to create a custom fixture file for a Zero 88 Frog 2. I'm trying to customise the Futurelight SC380 fixture, but hoping to seperate the 'Dimmer' section of the intensity channel away from the 'Shutter' part. The scanner is 6 channels at standard with Pan, Tilt, Colour, Gobo, Gobo Rot., Shutter. The beginning of the Shutter channel is a 1-100% dimmer; following that is shutter parameters.

So, I'm looking to customise the file to make the fixture have 7 DMX channels; one of which being a 'virtual' channel, just controlling the 1-100% dimmer and another channel controlling strobe.

I know it's possible, but I'm not sure how!

If you can give me some pointers, or even create the file for me.. it'd be really appreciated!

Many thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately it's not possible quite as you described - a virtual dimmer still controls channels from 0 - 255, but you can have multiple channels controlled (for example the Red, Green and Blue of an LED).

However I might have a work around for you...

In the 'Shutter' parameter options, choose 'Scale by Virtual Intensity', and then create a new 'Virtual Dimmer'. You now have the equivalent of two channels controlling the same thing - Shutter inside 'Beamshape' and then the Dimmer inside 'Brightness'.

Load and patch that onto your Frog 2 like normal, and then go into SETUP > PATCH > EDIT FIXTURES > TOPSET and press the group button until you only see the group of Futurelight SC380 fixtures. You can now edit the topset of the Virtual Dimmer so it doesn't go above 50% or whichever value the cut off from dimming to strobe is. The shutter channel will still control the dimming too, but will also do your strobing effects, and will take notice of your Beamshape fade time rather than your normal up/down times.

After working this out, we've realised I’ve given you a bit of miss-information there:

The shutter channel doesn’t need to have a top set on it, so you won’t need to go into setup and change that.

Instead, you will need to change the Shutter’s Default (home) to 127 (or wherever the dimmer is at full, just before the strobe).

Please note – the fixture’s design means it’s not possible to fade out whilst on strobe, you will have to stop the strobe then fade out.

Hopefully that will work for you!

Archived