Unique 2 maintenance

gyro_gearloose

Hi

I've got a Look Solutions Unique 2 which I'm in the process of servicing. The machine itself works, though it may be partially blocked as fluid dribbles out of the tube that connects to the air pump. I am using a 50/50 mix of deionised water and distilled vinegar to clear it.

When I bought the machine it came with a bag of spare tubing and fittings, some of which don't match those currently fitted to my machine. One of the tubes is made up from a plastic 'Y' piece with two short lengths of silicone tubing attached to the top branches of the Y. On the bottom of the Y is a long piece of tubing with a one-way valve in the middle. I've tried blowing through the tube and air only flows from the Y out along the long piece of tubing. Is this an upgrade to prevent fluid being pushed back into the air pump? And if so, where is it meant to go?

The tubing on my machine goes fluid bottle->fluid pump->Y piece. The two remaining branches of the Y piece have the air pump and heater block attached to them. Is this correct? Can someone post a photo of the innards of their machine? I do realise that the fluid leaking from the air pump may mean that I might need a new heater, though I'm going to try cleaning the heater first.

Thanks

Edit : Having delved a little deeper, the leaking fluid seems to have been caused by the rubber valves in the air pump wearing out, causing the pump to stop working. The air pump is just a Hagen 800 aquarium pump, and I've found this complete repair kit on ebay.

The tubing on my machine goes fluid bottle->fluid pump->Y piece. The two remaining branches of the Y piece have the air pump and heater block attached to them. Is this correct?

Sounds right to me. Don't remember ever seeing any spares.

I've seen the same pump failure on a mk1. I simply bought a whole new unit from a local pet store - not sure it's worth repairing really.

Archived