LED Project Ideas

AndyJones

There are 100's of LED products out there, and trawling through them all to find what fits my needs is proving tricky.

I'm needing to light a 10m wide truss circle. The circle will be hung from a crane, above a stage, and will also play host to a whole load of fireworks. I am wanting to find a lot of LED cells to hire that can be cable tied to the inside chord of the truss to enable me to provide lighting to compliment the fireworks. My current thought it some kind of Digital Festoon such as this. I was wondering whether any one could suggest any other similar products that are A) Easily available b) going to be bright enough to compete with a load of pyro!

Kind regards,

Andy Jones

Led tape or strip lighting will be flexible to go around a circular truss and usually has a wide beam angle. Try your local hire companies, it will have DMX interface and be available in colours and RGB.

It may be cheaper to buy and keep for other projects.

The led rope light is not as bright.

I second the Color Blocks, as long as it doesn't rain. If you want it to compete with pyro then you'll have to get something that's designed to throw light, not to be viewed head on like festoon or tape. Pulsar do some weatherproof MR16ish type fixtures that would work dotted around too.

Archived