Urgent Moving Head Help!

ChazHS

Hi everyone,

I've got a bit of a problem, I have an event on Thursday which requires some gobo projection. The issue being is they are a Mac 250 size gobo and they need to fit into a Robe ColorSpot 250AT light!

Basically, does anyone know where I can buy/hire a Mac 250 gobo adaptor for a Robe 250AT light.

Thanks.

Sorry, this isnt very helpful -but I didnt know you could get adaptors for that re-fit!! You must be talking nano millimeters in size variation anyway.

Why dont you just hire a MAC250!!

Sorry mate... I don't think there is such a thing!

I really doubt that you'll get adaptors. It just seems rather pointless, if I'm honest.

Are these custom gobos or stock? If stock, it would likely be as cheap to just buy new gobos at the right size.

Sorry, but they don't exist - no market for them.

While it might be theoretically possible to glue the Mac one into the middle of an 'O' gobo in the Robe, I doubt it'd fit into the Robe holder and I really don't know what kind of super-high-temp epoxy you'd need. Certainly wouldn't be easy to find!

The gobo sizes are:

Robe ColorSpot 250AT: 26.8mm dia, 22mm image, 1.1mm (steel)/4mm (glass) max thickness

Martin Mac 250: 22.5mm dia, 17mm image, 1.8mm max thickness

You've got two choices - buy some more custom gobos for your Robe fixtures, or hire in 'enough' Mac 250s for that part of the job.

You've probably still got enough time for both options if you call some suppliers today:

I think that Goboland can make gobos that fast, others may be able to as well.

Mac 250s tend to be pretty easy to hire, though transport to the Isle of Wight would be pricy - I'd try for some new custom gobos.

You CAN hire a few Mac250's on the IOW Tomo.! Its not that 3rd world. Mind you, some of the islanders are a bit suspect! hehehe

Hmm - didn't think that there were many hire companies based on the Isle, so assumed you'd need to get things from the mainland.

(Kinda fell into the 'He's probably already asked everyone local' trap...)

If you were clever with some high temperature silicon you could probably fit the mac one into a Robe holder, and leave no trace of it being there, but you're pushing it a bit with a 4mm difference. Best to use an 'o' gobo to shrink the size first if you can get hold of one. If not then a few blobs of silicon MIGHT hold it for the show! We use it all the time on mac gobos to stop them slipping, but I've never tried bodging a gobo into a wrong-sized holder with it.

Vicky at gobo land UK will create you some metal donuts that will do the job nicely. I had the exact same thing for an event a few years ago. infact I will look for them tomorrow and let you know. you will need some high temp silicone to stick the ring onto the gobo and then it should slot into the robe no problems.

Chris

Vicky at gobo land UK will create you some metal donuts that will do the job nicely. I had the exact same thing for an event a few years ago. infact I will look for them tomorrow and let you know. you will need some high temp silicone to stick the ring onto the gobo and then it should slot into the robe no problems.

Chris

Thanks, if you could let me know that would be great.

Robe do a slot & lock gobo holder which is the right size, but they don't even have any in the country!

Archived