wireless speakers

marc

if you want somethign really really easy to stick to a wall with super glue and then paint over, QED do some really flat speaker cable (just came into stock 2 weeks before I left audio T) and it sounded pretty good as far as the budget cable sounded - esp flat stuff.

I do believe this is the link to the QED site ...

QED Contour Flat Speaker Cable

... and we had to know about the tech specs for some reason, ans then try to explain them to non-technical customers.

Hope this adds something to your debate.

Matt

and it sounded pretty good as far as the budget cable sounded - esp flat stuff

so does budget cable sound bad then?

How do the electrons know how much I paid for the cable and flow faster? quicker or stronger?

Please explain and educate me on how anything other than a cable's impedance can change the sound out of my speakers?

James

well the internal structure of the copper on an atomic scale can effect it, usually known as purity from what I have learnt about it, impurities can degrade the electrical conductance of the cable, ableit negligable on short runs, it can also limit current draw for the speakers aswell for example thinner cable less electrons that flow - less current.

what I have been tought by the training I had at audio t so... and some prior knowledge gained from physics classes

and I was talking as if budget cable was like £5/m (** laughs out loud ** mines £5.50 (I'm cheap I know))

Matt.

ps not meaaning to be offensive by the way I hav typed it - may seem as though I am trying to say I know more, I'm not. just to get that clarified

If "audio t" is one of these so called hifi shops you find on the high street I might suggest you might unlearn some of the pseudo science you learned there, unless you want to continue a Career of conning money out of the gullible general public.

Next you will be saying we have to buy directional cables or solid silver mains plugs to get "sudden previously un-realised depths of clarity" out of our systems.

James

PS Not wishing to libel any stores, I know there are a number of people working on the high street that do know what they are talking about but there appear to be a lot of charlatans about.

not really, I dont see how the direction stuff would work, I knew that was a load of codswallop, but from what I remember in my a level physics classes, the impurity of the copper or whatever electrical conductor is, retarded the flow of electrons from one end to another (like a resistor). I didnt learn ALL of it from audio t.

and the mains leads wont do anything anyway, your never going to get a perfect electrical supply even if you had 100% purity windings in a generator by your back door and gold wires to your system...

... Matt

Archived