Flight Case

Just a little one for this discussion...

For a mix of pro looking and cheap, cover the bare plywood case in spray-PVA glue, then throw sand on it. Shake off the excess (maybe easier when wood is still in pieces, rather than whole case) and then paint it. The texture of the sand remains visible and looks great.

Don't it, had some cases with an internal grit like finish, which always left bits everywhere, and makes your hands bleed with any contact especially on the backs of your hands.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a little one for this discussion...

For a mix of pro looking and cheap, cover the bare plywood case in spray-PVA glue, then throw sand on it. Shake off the excess (maybe easier when wood is still in pieces, rather than whole case) and then paint it. The texture of the sand remains visible and looks great.

Bit rough on the hands surely?

Tim

Personally I pick up cases by the handles, not by the body.

Don't it, had some cases with an internal grit like finish, which always left bits everywhere, and makes your hands bleed with any contact especially on the backs of your hands.

My cases are all done as I suggested, and they don't do either.

There are times, as I'm sure you know, that handling a case by the body rather than its handles is by far the best thing to do. Especially when tipping & stacking in the back of a truck.

So do I, but that doesn't mean the handles are the only bits I touch. Trying to squeeze through a narrow gap between a pair of yours wouldn't be an experience to repeat!

So do I, but that doesn't mean the handles are the only bits I touch. Trying to squeeze through a narrow gap between a pair of yours wouldn't be an experience to repeat!

Sorry I keep getting taken too seriously. Work is for being serious, chilling on the computer, however...

Anyway, like I said, my cases ARE sand covered then painted, to look nice, and I had not lost any skin on them.

Archived